Moon exploding

Well I would think that if the moon just up and left for whetever reason, and there were no fragments to deal with:
the tides would be greatly diminished, the sun would be the major player and would cause only a small change, this (IMHO) would cause tidal ecosystems to clapse and costal waterways to become more poluted w/o the tide’s ability to distrubute the ‘junk’. also the moon does cause ‘tides’ on the land, much smaller, maby better thought of as stresses and strains. without this there ‘could’ be less earthquakes but then again the internal stresses might build up much greater before it lets go leading to much more distructive quakes. just speculating here, no point in getting all up in a snit.
and how often do you get to use the word snit? is it really a word?

My Websters shows:

snit: n. (origin unknown): a state of agitation

Always happy to oblige.

If the Moon vaporized–or if it was ceded to migratory aliens in return for a hefty contribution to the Democratic National Committee, or whatever–it seems to me the terminology should follow the example set by The Artist, formerly known as The Artist Formerly Known As Prince.

I’ll concede that “It is the east and Juliet is the The Departed Satellite Formerly Known As The Moon” isn’t an improvement…but “The Departed Satellite Formerly Known As The Moon Over Parador” mught be.

Nature abhors a vacuum, which means there are a lot of people whose brains are in mortal peril.

{{{Over the really long haul, you would notice that the days, which have been getting steadily longer the last 4.5 billion years…}}}—DrTom

You’ve noticed that too?

I am so relieved! I thought I was just imagining it the whole time.

Kalél
Common ¢ for all ages…
The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy. It will however, make cats dizzy. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

And still no friggin link to the column.

This thread was started way before we were asking people to post links to the column, Jill… and I don’t think there is a column relating to the moon exploding. I am therefore moving this to General Questions… if someone finds a column and proves me wrong, please let me know by e-mail and we’ll correct.

*tracer: Without the moon, we wouldn’t have the movie Moon Over Parador, now would we? *

Nor:
Moon 44 (1990)
Moon and Sixpence, The (1942)
Moon Children (1990)
Moon Father (1999)
Moon in Scorpio (1987)
Moon Is Blue, The (1953)
Moon Is Down, The (1943)
Moon Juice (1998)
Moon Madness (1920)
Moon Madness (1983)
Moon of the Desperados (1990)
Moon Over Broadway (1997)
Moon Over Burma (1940)
Moon Over Harlem (1939)
Moon Over Her Shoulder (1941)
Moon Over Las Vegas (1944)
Moon Over Manhattan (1935)
Moon Over Miami (1941)
Moon Over Montana (1946)
Moon Over Pittsburgh (1985)
Moon Over the Alley (1980)
Moon Pilot (1962)
Moon Riders, The (1920)
Moon Rockets (1947)
Moon Runners (1974)
Moon-Spinners, The (1964)
Moon, The (1994)
Moon Zero Two (1969)

And those are just the ones beginning with the word “moon”.