More bad news for the GOP

Well, that raises a question: All politics is local, these national demographic shifts have localized effects – will those effects be enough to dislodge the Pubs from control of all those rural-agrarian red states where they have been so industriously gerrymandering for so long, and where immigrants don’t go, the way they go to the already-blue big cities?

Trump is still ahead of him, even in Florida. The problem for Rubio remains, he is not seen as trustworthy among Republicans as he has been in favor of immigration reform. Not “pure” enough.

Thank you. That’s perfect.

According to his doctor, he’s the healthiest douche to ever run for President!

It’s happening but it’s a slow (as in multi-decade) process.

When I moved to St Louis in the early 90s there was one small Hispanic grocery store in an older (pre-WWII) working-class neighborhood. And a handful of Hispanics to keep it in business.

There were effectively zero Hispanics in the outer city, much less the inner or outer 'burbs.

When I moved away in 2014, roughly 20 years later we had one Spanish language local TV station, a couple radio stations, and Hispanic grocery stores & Mamacita + Papacita one-off restaurants scattered all over town, including into the formerly 100% Caucasian new outer suburbs / former rural small towns. The clientele at the restaurants I frequented in the far outer burbs was almost all Hispanic with only a few gringos brave enough to join in the fine food.
Bottom line: Even in far suburbs of Midwestern second-tier cities the changes are happening now. It’ll take a lot longer to make big inroads in the truly rural counties as opposed to the urban and suburban counties. As I said in this post in another election-related thread http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=18984815&postcount=8

Given enough time Americans will be a uniform shade of mocha. And 50 years before that most counties will have a pretty similar demographic profile. But that time is well after I’ll be gone and I’ve got a few decades yet to run. I hope.

Filipinos.

:smack: Clarification before somebody mistakenly takes offense:

The “I hope” part applies to the having several decades yet to live. Not that I hope to die before the demographic and genetic mixing gets more extensive.