mosquito bite relief?

YES! I discovered this by accident. Works best exactly as you describe.

Sometimes I have to get up at 3 a.m. to do this, but it WORKS.

I’d be curious if this doesn’t work for anyone…it’s the best home remedy I’ve ever used.

I can usually get by with a few scratches, then ignore them. But it’s fairly easy - mosquito bites, on me at least, itch like crazy for about 20 minutes then they’re completely gone with no more itching. Is it not this way with you? I can stand anything for 20 minutes.

The hot hot water thing works great for poison ivy. Standing in the shower with hot water pouring over poison iy is very similar to a sustained orgasm for me.

Have to second Eve’s “After Bite” suggestion. Works, comes in a nifty dabber-type
pen device, and works well. Can be carried in a pocket. Around here, tho, we call it

BITE ME!

Probably better off in IMHO. Tough call.

samclem GQ moderator

But, but, but, I was seeking factual answers, not puns.
::Ananakin::
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
::Ananakin::

If you have a styptic pencil lying around (the kind that stops shaving cuts from bleeding), dampen it and dab it on the mosquito bite. Dunno why this works, but it does.

Try Rhuligel. Slight alcohol odor but very effective.

You know what they say…

When camping, you can’t beat Off

I read somewhere that pressing the edge of the thumb nail into the bite, so that it makes a | rather than a × will help relieve the itching. Since then I’ve tried it and it seems to do okay. I don’t it ever doing what you describe; however it has scratching beat by a mile.

I wonder if some aren’t affected more than others. Bites form a bump and itch, but if I leave them alone for half an hour they go away and quit itching.