Most absurd Wikipedia articles

Where does the Lloyds Bank coprolite fit on that scale?

How about the smoot?

Looks like it’s been changed, but Dora the Explorer’s article had paragraphs on Swiper the fox: was he a pest or out-and-out evil? It discussed examples where he swiped items that could lead to character’s deaths.

Longest professional baseball game (33 innings, 8 hrs 25 min)

I’ve long been a fan of the List of Lists of Lists.

The list of all numbers.

Thanks for the link. I nearly shed a tear when I read: “As of 2003, efforts were underway to reconstruct it.” Made my day.

I can’t decide, if my job was reconstructing a coprolite, if I would want it on my resume, or not.

Regards,
Shodan

I once wrote one for “Zombie Chickens.” It got rejected because the editor didn’t believe it was a real thing. I included citations and everything.

Like this one:

The article for Earth once contained the sentence, “Nearly all humans reside on Earth,” which, while literally true, struck me as an absurd way to state that.

Pretty much all the jobs on my resume have just been fixing shit.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

“Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo” is a grammatically correct sentence in English, used as an example of how homonyms and homophones can be used to create complicated linguistic constructs. It has been discussed in literature, in various forms, since 1967 when it appeared in Dmitri Borgmann’s Beyond Language: Adventures in Word and Thought.

The sentence uses three distinct meanings of the word buffalo: the city of Buffalo, New York; the uncommon verb to buffalo, meaning “to bully or intimidate” or “to baffle”; and the animal itself, buffalo. Paraphrased, the sentence can be parsed to mean, “Bison from Buffalo, which bison from Buffalo bully, themselves bully bison from Buffalo.”

Looks like a type 3.

Now I’m wondering whether that is the only individual piece of shit that has its own Wiki article. I’ve been trying to find others, but no luck so far.

(Yes, yes, I see you’re lining up the jokes. Just don’t. I mean *literal *piece of shit.)

F. D. C. Willard

F.D.C. Willard (fl. 1975–1980) was the pen name of a Siamese cat named Chester, who internationally published under this name on low temperature physics in scientific journals, once as a co-author and another time as the sole author.