Mountain Ranges

No, I wish! I live on JBER. I’m using a broad definition of “neighborhood”, since I can see it from some areas on post.

I live right near the Brindabella Range and quite close to the Tinderry Mountains, close enough that I occasionally take the 1/2 hour drive and watch the sunset on Tinderry Peak

I can see the Santa Cruz Mtns in one direction and the Diablo Range in the other. Both ranges are nice and green after some decent winter rains. In the foothills the poppies are bustin’ out all over and the other wildflowers aren’t far behind. I’ll be hiking around both ranges next week on vacation and it should be fantastic.

Nah, you don’t want to live up there: sewage problems, water issues, and it will all come sliding down in the next Big One. Still, that’s a killer view from that altitude.

I’m a mile or two from the foothills of the Rockies, but I can’t see them because there’s a motherf’ing blizzard going on.

I live within 340 feet of the summit Britton Hill - Wikipedia of my state! Even enipla, the champion high elevation Doper can’t say that. Neener neener!! :slight_smile:

Sadly I’m about 500 miles from the summit so I can’t see it from here. I’ve lived in sight of real mountains for about 35 of my 55+ years. Not anymore.

On a clear day I have a beautiful view of Mt. Hood from my office window. I love living an hour from the mountains one way and an hour from the beach the other way.

I’m right at the foot of the Sandias in beautiful Albaturkey, NM!

Hey! Stop quoting me before I post!

I grew up with Mt Hood as my friend, then had to move. Now, after 20 years looking at puny hills surrounding Silicon Valley, I get to see mountains again, Gandalf, MOUNTAINS!
I live in the shadow of the Olympic range, and work in Gig Harbor, so Rainier looms large.

Right now, my morning commute ends with a starkly-silhouetted Mt Rainier against the rising sun. The other day it was clear enough that I could make out Mt Adams, too.

It’s so nice to have snow-capped peaks and not dead-grass-covered eyesores or pine-covered speedbumps.

I grew up in Salt Lake City, so technically I wasn’t far from salt water while also being close to the mountains.

Now live near the Central Mountain Range of Taiwan, which unfortunately usually doesn’t get snow. And I live a lot closer to the ocean.

I just bought an apartment in Ashiya, Japan. From my terrace I can see the ocean and turn around 180 degrees to see Mt. Rokko (about 1000 meters tall), 5 minutes drive away.

I’m in the foothills of the northern Sierra Nevada. If I drive about 3 miles down I-80 I can see the high country, which are real mountains. I’m about 40 minutes from the Donner Pass. But I’m about 5 minutes from some pretty spectacular hills and canyons in the Auburn State Recreational Area, along with some great swimming in the American River (also the Yuba if I want to drive a little ways)

Well, I have ‘mountains’ around me, if you call 2500’ above sea level mountains… But I’ve seen more than a few ranges in my time, and if I could live anywhere, It would be the South Island of New Zealand, which has a few REAL mountains in a beuatiful country.

I can see Mt. Rainier and the Cascade mountains from the windows on the south side of my home. I also have a peekaboo view of the Olympic mountains from an upstairs north facing bedroom.

I live between the Waianae and Koolau ranges. I can see Pearl Harbor from my yard and in 20 minutes can be on the famous North Shore surfing beaches.:slight_smile: