Movie chat - American Psycho

The best explanation I heard was this.

You know how no one really knew who anyone else was? The guy he invited to his house kept calling him that other name and such. Maybe it wasn’t only him. Everyone was so into themselves they didn’t know anyone else, and the guy that said he had dinner with the guy he killed, it could have been someone completely different having the same thing that Bateman had happen to him with the guy he killed.

That makes it much more interesting to me.

Is is open to interpretation?

He goes back to his own personal butcher shop he’s created in that vacant apartment complex, and everything’s fine; nothing’s happened.

Bateman’s attorney tells him he saw the guy Bateman supposed carved up alive and in Europe.

Just those two items, and other cues, are pretty strong indicators it was all in his head. Otherwise, how do you explain them?

Euty said:

I dunno. I got the same feeling from the book that perople here are saying they got from the movie (I haven’t seen it). I got to the end and it really seemed to me that he didn’t commit any of the crimes. Actually, it seemed that way to me during the reading of the book, too.