Movies in which someone is shot after a gun is pointed at them

Haha I came in with this scene on my mind. One of my favorite movies.

Twelve posts? It took twelve posts?

What is this board coming to?

:slight_smile:

I think Alex Murphy had some guns pointed at him, and he might have taken a bullet or two before he became Robocop…

One of my favorites: In Picket Fences, someone is holding a hostage. Kenny points a gun at him and says, “I’m going to count to five; if you don’t let him go, I’ll shoot.” Then he counts: “One . . . Two . . . Five.” Hostage taker is shot.

Then there’s Indiana Jones . . .

Also Vincent is shot by the boxer Bruce Willis plays.

The one I thought of was “Kind Hearts and Coronets”, a movie about an ambitious man methodically murdering the eight people that stand between him and a dukedom (dukeship?) , all of whom are played by Alec Guiness. Finally, when he kills the duke himself, he points a rifle at him and explains his plot before finally shooting him. It was a dark scene in what was mostly a light-hearted comedy … about a serial killer.

“I know what you’re thinking punk…”

Used twice in “Dirty Harry”. One time he doesn’t shoot, one time he does.

There was also an episode of Life:

Crews “I’m going to count to three and then I’m going to shoot you.”

He counts to 1 and fires.

Partner says “I thought you were going to count to three.”

Crews: “I rounded up.”

I LOVED that!

I think the nazi who recognizes him was the same guy the Americans took hostage at the machine gun nest and argued over executing earlier. The coward (Oppom?) befriended him somewhat while he was captive, and the german says his name just before being shot.

Near the end of the movie Bound, Jennifer Tilly’s character (Violet) has her low-level mobster boyfriend (Caeser) at gunpoint. He’s still convinced that she loved him and is too weak willed to pull the trigger. The end of the scene goes:

Caesar: You don’t wanna shoot me, Vi. Do ya. Do ya? I know you don’t.
Violet: Caesar, you don’t know shit.

Sure enough, she guns him down. Great scene, especially with the contrast between Tilly’s little girl voice and tough gal payoff.

The Sixth Sense. Bruce Willis’s deeply disturbed former patient menaces him with a gun before, well, you know.

L.A. Confidential. Kevin Spacey and the crooked police chief played by James Cromwell chat for a bit before Cromwell pulls the trigger.

How about True Grit?
Lucky Ned Pepper (Bob Duvall), not only goads Kim Darby into shooting him and instructs her how to operate the gun, but afterwards whines that he didn’t think she would shoot him!

Yes. Considerably.

Similarly, from Dr. No:

“That’s a Smith and Wesson, and you’ve had your six.” Then Bond not only shoots the bad guy, he puts one in his back after the bad guy falls to the floor.

That was actually Tom Cheney (Jeff Corey) in that scene with Kim Darby.

The International.

At the end, Salinger confronts Skarssen. Skarssen says, “You have no authority to arrest me.” Salinger says, “Who said anything about arresting you?”. BAM!

Ah - right you are. Funny, once you corrected me I remember it so clearly. Not sure how I could’ve thought Lucky Ned recovered sufficiently for the “Fill your hands you SOB!” scene. :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw that scene in the trailer. It’s a spoiler?