Movies with cool 'stasis chambers'

Hey, they were shelves with windows… and blue lights. You can’t leave out the blue lights. Most cryogenic processes are far messier than blue light technology.

Speaking of Star Trek, I liked the little stasis drawers the Borg kept their babies in.

“Two of Four to Unimatrix: all biological units on board have been assimilated. Prepare to-- Five of Twelve, what are you doing?”

“I am assimilating this biological unit, Two of Four.”

“It is an infant, Five of Twelve.”

“Please elaborate, Two of Four.”

“There is no reason to assimilate it. What are we going to do with it? How will it benefit the Collective? It can’t even walk yet.”

“It will grow. Eventually, it will service us.”

“That will take many thousands of regeneration cycles, Five of Twelve.”

“It is a biological unit. Our imperative is to assimilate all biological units.”

“… Oh, for the love of the Omega Molecule… Fine. Bring it along. Just keep it out of the way. Stick it in a drawer or something.”

“I will keep it with the socks I have assimilated.”

“Fine, whatever.”

Woody Allen was in a tube, in Sleepers.

Buck Rodgers was frozen in Ranger 7, the “last of America’s deep space probes”.

Larry Niven had the Slaver stasis field - it would keep you unchanged for billions of years. It was completely indestructable - it could float through an active supernova without any damage to what was inside. The only way to open it, if the external switch was destroyed or sublimed away, was to enclose it in another stasis field.

ETA: Oops OP specified movies. This was only in books.

The cocoons in Cocoon were pretty cool.

A cool stasis chamber scene (even though the chambers themselves weren’t especially interesting) is at the very beginning of Pitch Black: (spoilered just in case)

We can hear Riddick’s thoughts, even though he is in stasis. Then all hell breaks loose when micrometeorites starts poking holes through the ship, including some of the stasis chambers.

:cool:

Honorable mention to the pods from Spinal Tap. They were a bit difficult to get out of at times :slight_smile:

Actually, if toons count, the animated TOS series featured a Slaver stasis box in an episode that also featured Kzinti. I saw it on Youtube not too long ago.