Movies with great "twists" at the end?

The Usual Suspects. I was only about five minute ahead of the detective on that one.

** White Wolf ** I hafta disagree with ya * Primal Fear *. My friens and I call that an “odometer movie”. That is you saw it coming a mile away.

I hafta go with the foriegn version of * The Vanishing*. It gives me chills just thinking about it and I’ve never even seen the movie!!!

I cant believe no one mentioned the ending to 1977’s “Invasion of the Body Snatchers”. haunting, just f’n haunting.

“Something Wild” has a great ending, as well as the following not mentioned so far (as far as I know):

-“Mad Max”
-“Independence Day” (NOT the sci-fi version; this was a divorce drama from 1984 or so)
-“Fatal Attraction”
-“Carrie”

I’m going to second the nomination of Vertigo. Some great twists there.

‘They couldn’t hit an Elephant from this dist…!’

Last words of General John Sedgwick

How about The Devil’s Advocate?

There was an episode of Star Trek DS9 where Chief O’Brien came back to the station and suddenly became very suspicious of everyone, degenerating into a helpless mass of paranoia. And the behavior of the rest of the cast seemed to justify O’Brien’s behavior. The ending was so good and so twisted that Cinefantastique magazine refused to reveal it in their annual Star Trek issue that year.

And if you think I’m gonna give it away, you’re nuts.

How 'bout “Body Heat” with William Hurt and Kathleen Turner…

FIGHT CLUB!!! oh my god that is a great movie!!

eggo

Well, nobody said it so far, but Sling Blade was one of the most suprising movies I have seen, and suprisingly good.
A single mother and a small boy unknowingly befriend a criminaly insane guy that killed his mother with a harvesing shear.
Sounds like it will get ugly real fast, but there is no blood AT ALL, and by the end your just rooting for him to kill again.

Oh, I seem to remember from my childhood an Issiac Azimov narration about Entropy, and the Cosmic AC.
The last line was such a twist it will hang in my mind forever.
Anyone know the name of the story?

falcon2,
I’ve got a lot of Asimov’s books - what was the last line? (Also what is the Cosmic AC?).

So far I’ve found “How it happened” with the ending '…I said firmly “Six days, Moses”.

I think the balance of this discussion belongs in MPSIMS.

Nickrz
GQ Mod