Movies with the same plot.

An aging baseball player/golfer (Kevin Costner) makes a love connection with a woman (Susan Sarandon/Rene Russo) who diagnoses his inadequacies on the field/course.

Bull Durham/Tin Cup

The life of Pu Yin, the last emperor of China, as told in the coincidentally released movies The Last Emperor and The Last Emperor.
actually, there’s remarkably little overlap – one film concentrates on his early life, before the Communists took over, while the other is mostly about his later life in Communist China. The two films complement each other nicely.

Attractive young man falls for intriguing attractive young woman, but it turns out she hangs out with a bunch of vampires. Initially this seems like fun; so much so, that the young man becomes a vampire himself. But after conflict with his younger sibling, he realises he doesn’t want to be a vampire after all and in a climactic battle, helps see off the vampires and rescue the girl.

Near Dark and The Lost Boys, both 1987.

This vampire fad is nothing new.

Do remakes count in this thread? That doesn’t seem right. Because then you could throw in a whole slew of Hollywood remakes of foreign films like Open Your Eyes/Vanilla Sky, Femme Nikita/Point of No Return, Let the Right One In/Let Me In and so on and so on.

The batch of films linked to in the OP were features that had no connection to each other that ended up having the same plot: like the forthcoming aliens-invade-LA movies.

Similarly, two biopics on Steve Prefontaine went into production almost at the same time, giving the close-timed release of Prefontaine and Without Limits.

A man loses the woman he loves as he becomes involved with parnormal forces & is tutored in their ways by an older mentor- The Mothman Prophecies and White Noise.

Not really the same plot, but:
1984 movie in which heroine played by Kate Capshaw sees the Bad Guy reach into a victim’s chest with his bare hand and pull out the still-beating heart, which he shows to the victim who doesn’t die.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Dreamscape.

Alec Guinness plays a seemingly respectable middle class gent who recruits a gang of criminals of diverse backgrounds in order to pull off a a giant heist. The gang transport their loot right past the noses of the entire Police force successfully through clever misdirection. They are initially successful before one small detail eventually sees the whole plan unravel.

*The Lavender Hill Mob *(1951) and The Lady Killers (1955)

Meet cute. Obstacle to romance. Quirky friends. McGuffin. Hijinks. Happy ending.

Every Rom-Com ever made.

Does anybody remember… I thought around the same time the movie Phone Booth came out, there was a similar movie, only the protagonist was female. Phone Booth had Colin Farrell stuck on the phone while a sniper murdered people. He had to remain on the line… or else!

I seem to remember another movie with the same premise, only the phone hostage was a woman. I thought it was Diane Lane, but a quick check of her filmography turned up nothing.

Cellular with Kim Basinger

Improbably beautiful prostitute falls for an American schnook who wants to “save” her, after she sings the theme song which becomes a huge international hit. Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Never On Sunday. Both circa 1961.

Video game takes on a life of its own. The Last Starfighter and War Games. Both circa 1984.

An under-appreciated singer is redeemed by True Love. I Walk the Line (2005) and Beyond the Sea (2004).

Family isn’t what you’re born into, it’s where you find it. My Life as a Dog (1985) and Boogie Nights (1997).

Human guy falls hard for cartoon chick. Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988) and Cool World (1992).

New girl in school sucks up to the popular clique to subvert them from within. Heathers (1989), **Mean Girls **(2004).

Eccentric trio saves city from pseudo-science gone berserk. Ghostbusters (1984), Evolution (2001).

Fake teacher instills a love of music. The Music Man, The School of Rock.

Sleazy rock star meets his number one fan. ** Bye Bye Birdie, Win a Date with Ted Hamilton!**

Sexually precocious teenaged girl finds out men are scumbags. [Too numerous to mention.]

Big Momma’s House and any Madea movie.

Thank you that it is two movies I can never watch again without making your association.

Ah, that’s it. Thank you. Now that look at the synopsis it isn’t as similar as I (mis)remembered.

A writer of pulp westerns falls in love with a beautiful woman and gets drawn into a tale of intrigue, where he is finally forced to shoot and kill a former colleague whom everyone presumed to already be dead. The Crime of M. Lange (Renoir, 1936) and The Third Man (Reed, 1949)In the days leading up to WWII, a woman and her anti-fascist husband seek refuge from the Nazis. Despite the fact that the couple are wanted and on the run, the man she loves risks his own life to kill the enemy agent who is in the position to jeopardize the couple’s safety. Casablanca and Watch on the Rhine

I thought the plot of Anal Adventurers Part VII was derivative of Spanking Schoolgirls, but I’m pretty demanding about stuff like that.

Regards,
Shodan

That’s a bit of a stretch, isn’t it? My memory may be playing tricks on me, but I recall the plots as more like this:

The Last Starfighter: Geeky trailer park boy is exceptionally good at video game, not knowing it is actually a selection tool to become a “Starfighter” for a rebel-alliance-alike band of aliens. Becomes the eponymous “Last Starfighter”.

War Games: Spoilt teen with too much computer equipment in his bedroom dials random numbers with his modem looking for a system to play games with - unwittingly dials NORAD and nearly starts World War III.

Computer-game-not-what-it-seems plot element, sure, but not really the same plot.

Kundun and Seven years in Tibet both covered the life of the current Dalai Lama up until the Chinese occupation of Tibet, and were both released in 1997.

Yeah, if you are too general, anything can have the same “plot”.

“Brown haired boy loves brown haired girl and becomes a hero. Oh, and there’s a computer game involved.”

Musician struggles a little, gets some fame, then is ruined by substance abuse.

Amadeus
The Doors
Sid & Nancy
Bird
Lady Sings the Blues
Ray
Round Midnight
The Runaways
Walk the Line
Walk Hard

What other 75 movies have this plot?

In fiction: