Movies you've seen recently

Old

M. Night Shyamalan is always a massive risk. Is he going to release an amazing movie like Split or The Sixth Sense? Is he going to release a totally terrible movie like The Happening or The Last Airbender?

No one ever knows.

Old, I am happy to report, is actually a pretty good movie. It’s certainly not outrageously amazing, but it is not a disaster. In fact, I would say it was quite well done and I liked the movie very much. I was really pulled in and any “twist” in this movie was not the type of thing that massively changes the movie. Night loves his twists and he is very reserved in this movie compared to some of his other films.

I think the best way to see this movie is to go in 100% blind. I saw the trailer a few months ago and I really wish I hadn’t. Just know the title is “Old” and go in ready to see it entirely blind.

I do notice an awkwardness in line delivery with M. Night Shyamalan and this movie has moments of it. Most things seem fine, but you will definitely “see the script” at certain moments when people say certain very awkward lines. There are young children in this movie and early on, their lines were almost cringe-worthy.

Anyway, I would actually recommend this movie. It’s well done, pretty interesting, and you can go in no stupid twist is going to come along and retroactively ruin the entire preceding movie.