Moving A Corpse Across Several States-Legal And Financial Questions

D’oh!

Oh shit, I am so very very sorry.

Meh. I figured it was a tossup between somebody connecting the two threads and guessing a death in the family, or guessing I was writing the tale of Shlomo The Unspeakable, Jewish Necromancer. Nobody could know for sure which it was.

Doc, I’m sorry to hear about your father.

Let me ask a Philly Jewish friend - his mother was buried a few days after our wedding. I don’t know if there are other requirements for your dad, but the eldest daughter was Orthodox and perhaps the home will be okay for that.

Email sent to you, Doc.

A nice, Jewish funeral home will do. I can find them in the yellow pages as easily as I could find kosher delis or all you can eat Chinese buffets.

Re $1500

My mother revealed to me that this is the price quoted to her by a relative who had to move three corpses from Florida to Philly. Considering that this woman’s mother, father, uncle, husband and dog died in a span of six months, I doubt she was at her bargaining, comparison-shopping best. I think her $1500 may include several charges she was soaked on.

First, I accidentally replied to the webmaster at the SDMB. Then, I replied to your e-mail. When I answered your post here, I forgot the manners. Oops.

Thank you for your kind offer. I appreciate it. But finding an acceptable funeral home is not one of the problems I am having. But, thank you again for your offer.