Music you listen(ed) to when high?

Hell YES the Residents are awesome stoner music.

Thanks! Mrs. Tree really likes it. I can see that it will be nice to trance out to.

Hehehehe, that’s like saying food tends to contain calories.

In that vein, Sleep’s Dopesmoker. Lovely record, pretty much all one song.

Or, there’s Sunn 0)))

Not quite in the same style of long songs, but one of my favorite stoner rock records is Dead Meadow - Warble Womb

And oh yeah, I’ll happily third the Residents @Maserschmidt . I would tread lightly there when on the more powerful hallucinogens, though. :smiley:

My god, that is both wonderful and horrifying. Thank you.

Bahaha no kidding. The friend who introduced me to them in the 70s said something like “you’re going to love this, but sometimes it’ll feel like Satan is talking to you.” Just the right thing to say to a 16-year-old kid in Texas, and sometimes accurate.

Meanwhile, I’m surprised nobody’s mention Electric Wizard’s Dopethrone. Too obvious?

https://www.audiophileusa.com/item.cfm?record=119150

What, no love for Lawrence Welk?

Portishead

Hehehe, nope, entirely appropriate IMHO. I’m pretty sure there’s nothing that’s “too obvious” when we’re dealing with a genre that is pretty much for the act of (and often has lyrics/titles about) smoking weed. Though, I do know of people that are into the genre that don’t like weed.

I left off Sleep and Electric Wizard because I already had over an hour’s worth of music in my last post. :smiley:

And yeah: they are, for stoner bands, very well known.

Some more stoner doom metal acts include:
Bongzilla

Weedeater

Belzebong

BongCauldron

One of the two festivals in Europe that I’m planning on attending before I die, Roadburn, is a festival in the Netherlands that is exclusively devoted to stoner metal. Here is the 2022 line-up so far:
https://roadburn.com/line-up/

How about Infected Mushroom:

Desert Dwellers:

Bombed on scotch and cigar smoke qualifies as “stoned,” I think.

And of course…

I disagree.

Philip Glass not been mentioned yet? The earlier works are perfect if you’re high.

You’re either not choosing the correct scotch or not rolling a proper cigar. :crazy_face:

Cool. I loved The Truman Show soundtrack.

It has been awhile since I played this music, not since I got high, but for couch-lock Indica I used to love me some Jean-Michel Jarre Oxygene. The whole thing.

Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene, Pt. 4 - YouTube

I’m impatient so I’m just gonna skip right ahead in the “not mellow” categories and head right for one of my favorite genres: grindcore.

Yes: there is stoner grindcore. And it is awesome! (and totally NSFW eh)
Pothead:

Gorepot (this album was a favorite back in 2018):

There is this - No chance I was passing up on this band name/ song name combination.

Humbug by the Arctic Monkeys. Endlessly.
Pink Floyd, early Marillion, Genesis. Portishead. Fun lovin’ criminals. And Mogwai.

Love all these entries.

Here’s a good one: