My bathroom sink drain stinks - are there sink deoderants?

I also don’t recommend using small explosive charges either. It does get rid of the oder, but I’ve personally found it a bit messy.

I do that on my washing machine periodically too, just to clean out any mold, bacteria or funk. Just remember to run at least one extra rinse cycle (if not a complete cycle) with nothing in it in order to remove any residual bleach.

This has worked for me. Diluted bleach kills the nasties.

It works more impressively. You get more foaming volcano action. Presumably, this makes it that much more effective, but I haven’t done tests.

Ah. Ok. Thanks!

Yes, anytime a sink starts smelling, there’s a good chance it’s actually the overflow tube that’s the culprit. Turkey baster and some diluted bleach works wonders.

Did you ever consider using bleach?

I’m just sayin’… :smiley:

Actually, a healthy bacterial colony keeps old drains running better. That’s why I do not suggest bleach.

Yeah, but when it gets to the “OH GOD THE SMELL” stage it’s not longer healthy…similar to various gastrointestinal infections. There’s the right kind and amount of bacteria to have in an intestine/drain, and if they get out of line, or the bad kind move in, you have to clear the good out with the bad with some antibiotics/bleach and just wait for the good ones to come back.