My house...the Kitty Vomitorium

Hardy Har Har Har :smiley:

I wondered when someone would pop in with this. I discovered the definition when doing a spell check on it and figured “MEH.”

Touch wood.

I’m lucky so far that my evil pink-nosed baby came from the shelter tray-trained and non-vomitous. Though I am feeding him exactly the same (slightly more expensive) food that he was getting in the shelter.

I’m waiting for it, though.

I applaud you for keeping it. Even though it’s not what people think it means, the word vomitorium is just too visceral to edit out.

My son named our puker “The Pump.”

How lovely for you! I’m glad it seems to work for our pukinators.

This thread really made me laugh this morning, and I needed that. I’ll pay you all back by telling you that once one of our cats puked in my slipper. Also, my sandals have been peed on, and I once found a kitty turd on the side of the bathtub. Cats are so great.

My kitty Dino had diabetes the last 2 years of her life. She puked alot. My sanity and carpets were saved by this little gem.

Good luck in your new house!

My cats puke on my bed. Usually around once a week max, so it’s not bad - I can just change the bed earlier than normal. It’s actually happened once where I was feeling lazy about changing the bed, looked over to the side - and there was the puke, like they knew I needed the incentive.

And then of course there’s times like last night, where I saw it just as I was getting into bed.

Could be worse - I’ve had times where I’ve found it AFTER I’ve gone to bed.

Some people on another forum I frequent are putting together a premium pet food wiki. It’s nowhere near complete right now but it does have a decent listing of high quality foods that would be much better for your cat than Purina. Even Science Diet or Iams, while better then most brands you’ll find at the grocery store, aren’t really all that great. They’re high in corn and other grains that cats just don’t need and that can aggravate allergies or upset their stomachs.

Solid Gold is what I feed my cats and what I would have recommended, so I’m sorry that didn’t work out for you. But it’s worth giving some of these other ones a try at least, I bet you’ll find one that works. It’s not guaranteed to stop the throwing up but I bet it would help.

If you do switch foods, do it gradually over the course of a couple weeks, slowly mixing more of the new food in with the old. This will help minimize gas or litter box stink while their digestive systems get used to the new food.

LOL–me too! One of the cats puked into Mr. HP’s shoe not once, but twice! I told him it might have been the aroma wafting from the shoe that made the cat ill. I think my cats puke at least once a day. I saw a little sign like those yellow ones that warn you about a wet floor that said “warning–cat vomit”. I should have bought one.

This is what helped me:

1. Try a grain-free food, if you must feed dry. Since I switched 3 of my 4 cats to canned only (the fourth refuses canned/wet foods and will only eat dry) the vomit episodes have greatly diminished.

2. Don’t free feed. My cat would gorge herself and puke the excess. I separate all my cats now at feeding time and they get portioned food. My fat cat is losing weight - she actually has a waistline again, and that’s good news for her.