My Mom is slipping away. She's barely there now. {She just passed at 91 and a day} 2023-02-06

So sorry to hear this is happening. My family went through something almost exactly the same a couple years ago. It’s never easy and losing them to dementia/Alzheimer’s is somehow worse.

Eventually you will only think of the good memories of her.

My condolences on your loss. May her memories be a blessing.

Have people noticed that it’s @eenerms who posted a loss here, not the OP who is @What_Exit?

I posted on Oct 2 for the OP. I feel the pain of @What_Exit .

I’m so sorry, @What_Exit, this must be very hard on you. My mom is fading mentally, and is neither in good health nor in any imminent risk of death. It’s a weird and awkward situation. My mom is the person most upset at her failing mental faculties.

Anyway, do what you need to do. And best wishes.

My mom just passed. She not only made 90, but 91. She had some ice cream yesterday for her birthday and apparently faded away late this morning.

May her memory be a blessing. Even when you know it’s coming, it’s very hard.

Fading is good, sometimes. But yes, it’s so hard to lose a mom, even with a ‘good’ death. Sorrow floats. Sadness over an ending does not detract from a rich, happy life.

This.

That reads as if the ending was as gentle as possible. But nothing can make it easy.

Remember that whatever way you need to grieve is the right way for you. And, that if there’s relief in the mix, that that’s normal.

I am sad for you today. It’s hard losing a beloved parent, no matter how or when. I hope your memories of her ease your pain as time goes on. Hugs to you.

My condolences, @What_Exit. :people_hugging:

I know you were sort of expecting this, but I’m sure it’s still difficult. I’m so sorry. Hugs.

Losing a parent is difficult, and I think losing your second parent is harder. You’re really on your own then.

I wish you peace and strength.

The last few visits she didn’t recognize me really. she wasn’t gone yet, but she was barely there.

My sister has some of my Mom’s clothes at her place and she’s going to be buried in the outfit she wore to my wedding 30 years ago. Time has really sped away somehow.

I’m meeting my sisters tomorrow and we’re driving down to the funeral home near where my parents use to live. We have a few arrangements to make, but mostly ready.

We never thought she would last this long and in less than 3 year, the older people down in their retirement community are just gone already. My Uncle, my Aunt that just passed. My other Aunt moved to Virginia to be with my Cousin. Most of my Mom and Dad’s friends are already gone.

May her memory be eternal.

I’m glad she enjoyed some ice cream.

Blessings, W/E.

There is no good way to leave this planet, only ways that suck variously.

Peace. She now has it, and you & your sibs need it. We’re all here for you.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts, my friend. As others have said, may your memories of her be a blessing.

I’m so sorry, What Exit.

Anything you need, just ask.