Mythbusters is ending

I always hated the B team anyway. But despite all the redundant filler, I still enjoyed the show. But my main gripe was THE GOD DAMN AWFUL PUN FILLED ANNOUNCER ASSHOLE GUY AND WHOMEVER WROTE HIS GOD DAMN AWFUL PUN FILLED ASSHOLE SCRIPT!

ok, I feel better now.

Rumor has it that Jamie will finally get that big boom he’s been wanting.

Went on way too long, they’d do a test once and declare it impossible, and they substituted explosions for exploration, but it’s in the science education hall of fame. Easily.

Jamie’s attitude about performing makes me wonder why he ever agreed to do the show. IIRC it was actually his concept. M5 (his visual effects company) was struggling because so many films had gone CGI. Mythbusters was a way to keep M5 busy. Adam was hired because he likes performing and is a good builder.

He really seems very soured on the show. Its made him and Adam wealthy but I guess they’re ready to move on.

Well, fourteen years is a good run in television. Particularly after you accidentally put a cannonball through someone’s house.

ISTR there was a show that was something like that during the Mythbusters run. I can’t remember it’s name, but I’m pretty sure it only ran for one season (or perhaps less). I only watched it 2-3 times. I just didn’t find it all that interesting. I guess I wasn’t the only one.

I think it was Smash Lab.

I hope the last show will be nuclear bomb or EMP myths and then they vaporize a cement truck. :smiley:

Big boom, indeed.

Obligatory XKCD Mythbusters Comic

I wish they had done the show differently. They’d start say three different plot lines and go from A to B to C and then back to A then B then C three or four times, then near the end we’d finally see the ends to all three threads. Which meant for a lot of repetition as they’d try to get latecomers caught up. I think they should have done one segment start to finish, then the next, and so on.

I only watch this when I happen to catch it while channel surfing. The B team added a little to the show and I miss them, especially the girl who was hot in a nerdish way.

Yeah I love the basic premise and execution of the mythbusting but it is hard to watch. About the only way I could stand it was pre-recorded and skipping commercials and recaps. But skipping the recaps was tricky.

With three plot lines, perhaps they are trying to stop us from channel surfing.

The last show should be where they use this guy to find out, once and for all, if guillotined heads retain consciousness.

That’ll have all the viewers on edge.

He always knew someday, he would face some rather grim repercussions.

I wonder if he’ll get any severance pay.

I really loved the episode they did on the moon landing conspiracies. That was a lot of fun.

Also, I liked seeing the cement truck explode. BOOM!

That cement truck explosion really started the shows love affair with blowing things up. They tried so hard to recreate that magic, disappearing, so-good-you-could-feel-the-blast-wave-through-your-tv feeling. The only thing that ever came lose was the boiler rocket. Oh and the supersonic sled making confetti out of a car.

The B team got to be very, very annoying with their fake gollywizzness. That’s a word. I just made it.

I agree they ran out of myths a looooong time ago and frankly, I never liked either of the 2 main guys.

In the first season they showed things end-to-end IIRC. So the intertwined plot lines are a refinement they added, along with the build team.

I don’t mind hopping between the myths. I just loath the recaps. “Jamie and Adam are about to blah blah blah…” minutes later “We were about to watch Jamie and Adam as they blah blah blah…” followed by “And now Jamie and Adam are going to blah blah blah…”

All shows do it, but Mythbusters is a prime offender, taking far too much time in the recaps.

This least season was so much better without the build team and with less stupid “swish” sounds as the scenes changed.

The Science part was weak to begin with and went downhill. They originally showed an equation or two and gave that up.

E.g., the guy landing on one end of a teeter-totter and sending a kid up 3 (?) stories and landing on a roof unharmed.

All they had to mention was the reverse, toss a kid off a building and land on a teeter-totter. Is the landing going to leave the kid unharmed?

The lack of Scientific acumen by Jamie is best displayed by the two cars crashing head on vs. hitting a wall thing. He mentioned it as an aside, got inundated by mail, they had to test it, it was clear cut. He still didn’t understand why. All he had to do was look at the left side of the two crash videos to get it.

It was blow stuff up, plug movies, blow stuff up, shoot something, etc. for several years now.

I approve of this message.

The recaps are even weirder when the show gets airtime here in the UK - ad breaks are (I can only imagine) fewer and further between over here, so any given segment of the show can have several recaps/lead-ups, as well as the main event.

The camera footage shows (cops chasing crashing cars, animals doing goofy shit) are worse than Mythbusters for this, but yeah, Mythbusters is sadly only about 15% content, 10% interesting dialogue, and 75% repetition.