Name this '70's Saturday morning TV show

Ah, such fond childhood memories. But I’ve noticed something, especially with the advent of channels like TV Land:

When I was a kid, I loved shows like Lidsville, Banana Spilts, Lancelot Link, and all that stuff. After not seeing them for over 20 years, I check them out as an adult, and it makes me wonder what in hell I saw in those shows? I know I was a kid and all, but jeez, those shows are really cheesey.

Chuck McCann aka Captain Bellybuster.

:slight_smile:

ok, there was a live action show on in the early 70s and the intro or credits had this hippy dude playing a guitar and he jumped up turnign arounf and dissappeared.

what show was that

Does anyone remember a show that came on kind of later on Saturday mornings, after the cartoons, called “Big John Little John”? It was about this grown man with a wife and family, I think, and at awkward moments the man would turn into a little boy. I seem to be the only person who remembers this show.

i remember it
i liked it
i must have been insane

Land of the Lost trivia:

Detroit Pistons star Bill Laimbeer was a Sleestack.

–sublight.

Might it have been The Great Space Coaster?

Rhythmdvl,

Kathy Coleman played the character of Holly Marshall on Land of The Lost. From what I gather, she never really did much acting after the show. Four episodes of LOTL were recently released on DVD, and a bonus track included an interview with her and Philip Paley (who played Cha-Ka, the monkey boy). Kathy does not look like you remember, nor like what you would expect (hair dyed black with an orange tint in there). The years have taken their toll, though she’s only about 38, and as a reviewer of the DVD said at Amazon.com, boy does she come off as demented! At a LOTL site (I’m new and can’t do links, sorry), Landofthelost.com, a fairly recent thread indicated that she suffered a severe bout with pneumonia in August/September of this year, but is recovering fairly well.

Sir

While we are on the subject of old tv shows, I remember a show that was on about 10-15 years ago. It was about (I think) a group of four friends, two guys, two gals, who were in a band. Thats all I remember. I think the beginning was live action, but they get turned into cartoons somehow. I asked the fellows at IMDB and they couldn’t help, so now I thought I would ask the pros. Any guesses? Thanks

JB

jabe, I hope you’re not talking about Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids. A dire rehash of the Scooby Doo formula, that included a computer called Mr Socrates that was allergic to dogs.

WTF?? http://www.Landofthelost.com/hollytoday.htm
She looks pretty damn good to THIS slestack!!

would that be kid video?

Thanks for the guesses. It might be Butch Cassidy, but Kid Video does sound familiar. I couldn’t find a listing for it at the IMDB however. Anyone know where I might find some info? Thanks again, this has been bugging the hell out of me for years.

Yeah, Kid Video. Wasn’t the fat guy with glasses the same guy that was cousin Oliver on the Brady Bunch?

don’t forget the Master Blaster!!!

Ok, since you are all so good at this, let’s see if you can help me ID this one.

There were 3 ‘alien’ people, Goldar, Silvar, and Gam(their kid) who helped defeat evil type people. The catch was, when they had to go do something they turned into rocket ships.

The standard bad guys in this wore all black-and it looked like bodysuits, with black pantyhose over their heads. When these guys got shot, they melted down into what looked like(to my 5-6 year old eyes) applesauce.

This was definately a late 70’s/early 80’s show. For some reason, I think the name of the show was Space Giants.

Was there such a show, or am I imagining things?

Lsura,

Yup. Space Giants. Bad Japanese show. Take a look here at Goldar and the rest.
jb

Quote:
"There were 3 ‘alien’ people, Goldar, Silvar, and Gam(their kid) who helped defeat evil type people. The catch was, when they had to go do something they turned into rocket ships. "

Ahhhhhhhh, Space Giants; now that brings back memories… The kid that called on the robots had to blow a special whistle to call them. One toot for Gam, two for Silvar, and three for Goldar.

Reminds me of another “serial” kids show that I never saw the ending to; “Star Blazers”. I remember that it was about an alien race attacking earth and people finding an old spaceship to travel to a race that would help earth using the “Wave Motion Engine” (which also powered the wave motion gun). They finally got to the planet that was going to help earth to discover that it’s twin sister planet was home to the race attacking earth. I missed the ending, anyone know how it ended?

Also reminds me how I used to like a show called “The Buggaloos”. It was 3 guys and 1 girl that were small bugs and could fly. They used to sing during the show, which as a boy, I thought it was hokey; but I watched it because I REALLY liked the girl in the group…

Reminicing makes me break out into song:

“The Bugaloos, The Bugaloos,
They’re hear and there and everywhere.
Flying high, flying free, flying free as the summer breeze.
The Bugaloos, The Bugaloos…”

Dude, Star Blazers is about to be open-sourced, available for download on the 'net. I’ll try to find that link for you tomorrow.

Spoiler: the Yamato kicked lots of ass and won, getting the “cosmo DNA” back home in time to save all Japanese Caucasians with really big eyes. 'scept the Captain. He bought it at the end, for purposes of tragedy, I think.

There is a second Star Blazers series, as well. I never saw it.

joemill: Here ya go!