Naturalizing Passion Flower

You could see them from 700 feet up? :slight_smile:
They are Passiflora incarta, the same as mine. Yes, please, I would like seed from both; growing from seed is classier than transplanting or cuttings, and apparently I must battle the raccoons, possum, deer and who knows what other creatures for the fruit.
My email address is in my profile, please email me for a shipping address.
Thanks,
CP

Oh, heck no. When looking down, the only thing I saw from 700 feet up was my life passing before my eyes.
But when we were landing beside the runway (plane can’t land on the runway; the asphalt would shred the chute) I was thinking “No, Dad, no, don’t hit the pretty flowers!” :stuck_out_tongue: Which either says that I retain my focus on the environment at all times, or says quite a lot about how easily distractable I am. I’m not sure which.

Pretty much like your link says. I cut them, stripped the “bottom” of the vine, wet and stuck in Rootone, and then into a pot of soil, keeping it well watered at first, to allow for root growth. It’s doing okay. It’s about two weeks now since I cut it, and it’s still green and seems to be growing.

Carnivorousplant: Yay for the rooting! Plants just want to grow, glad you are having success. Though, I so loved the image of your protecting the Passiflora in a HavaHart trap. So sweet!

Sweet too, the image of Beaucarnea gliding down to Earth with Dad, and not wanting to hurt the Passiflora. Y’all are both so smiling good!

And, P’flora is really variable with it’s color. I’ve seen it from deep purple coloration, to white with purple, and have two pure white with no purple at all growing at work. Though the flower is intricate and looks delicate, the plant is really pretty tough, growing in waysides here in NC, even in crappy clay.

Here is a picture of one of my first blooms of the season.

Here is one I grew a couple of years ago.

Couldn’t get to the picture; it wants me to sign in.