NBA 2019-2020 Season

Dang, Thomas Bryant (who?!) looking like Dirk last night.

I’m impressed with the almost perfect symmetry of the Western Conference standings at the moment. Four at the top at 2-0, four at the bottom at 0-2, four in the middle at 1-1, and one at 1-0, and two at 0-1 that messes it up.

Blazers squeaked out a win over Dallas tonight, though it looked like a blowout in the first half for Dallas. Big Skinny injured his shoulder again, which may mean three centers sitting on the bench for the Spurs game tomorrow night. :rolleyes:

With no more Kawhi, Raptors will have to scramble to compensate for his absence, like solid defense, which is most definitely already a thing, this season, for TO:
Last year, they kept the opposition to under 40% for a grand total of five games, while this season, in only four games, they’ve already kept them to under that three times, incredibly.

ETA: Currently have the lowest opp FG% this season, at 37.3.

Kenny Smith has pegged the Rockets to go all the way this year.
:rolleyes:

Wiz lose a crazy game to the Rockets by one point. So far Washington is 1-4, but their total point differential on the season is just -1.

Steph Curry. Broken hand. Enough said.

This is going to end up like when the David Robinson Spurs got Tim Duncan.

The west is going to be interesting this year but I just can’t see that happening unless they figure out how to play some kinda/anykinda defense…158 points to the Wiz?

I will admit the Harden-Westrbrook combo is working better than I expected but it looks like they’re taking turns on who gets to jack up most of the shots on a game by game basis.

I hope you are right!

There isn’t really a Duncan-esque player in the draft this year, though. Obviously a lot can change but James Wiseman appears to make the most sense for the Warriors at this point.

Ah, well. It was a great run and every dynasty must fall eventually. We’ll see what next year brings.

Blazers are presently giving Philly all they can handle, even with four (yes, four) seven-footers sitting on the bench. 68-57 at the half.

Well, after managing to lose to Philly, the Blazers completed their humiliation by losing to Golden State, who managed to field a team of bench players and rookies. It’s gonna be a long season, I fear. :smack:

They’re playing damn good basketball. A lot depends on the development they get from Spicy P and OG, and so far the former is off to a flying start.

I have not liked what I’ve seen from Marc Gasol, which is concerning.

I figured they’d go about 48-34, and right now I’m still pretty confident in that.

Washington on pace to win 27 games. Color me impressed!

(they won’t, they’ll probably lose 9 out of every 10, but they’ll make everyone earn it, which is actually positive progress)

I’m going to the Bulls game tonight to get a up close and personal look at LeBron and AD together. I expect it to be a bloodbath, but here’s to hoping the Bulls decide to try and score 130 (while giving up 135).

Also kinda hoping Coby White gets a lot of run.

Hey, we have a Gasol, too. Ours has a broken foot, so he’s useless to us. Just found out that Zach Collins will be out for 60 games to rehab his shoulder. And of course Nerk won’t be back until at least April. I see a lot of small ball coming, and it won’t be pretty.

The Rockets have gone over the last three games, from giving up 60+% from the field and 50+% from 3 to the Wizards, to 40 and 10 percent to the Grizzlies. It’s a start. They are still playing horrible defense, but at least it’s not league-worst of all time.

They play a very battered Warriors team tonight. I’m curious to see how they defend, and if Harden and Gordon’s shots will begin to start falling.

Jesus Christ, Orlando is playing some of the best defense in the league but can’t make a damn shot to save their lives.

Steph Curry out for year with broken hand.