NBC: Thanks, but I don't want to watch her cry (mild Olympics bitch)

The (UK-based) commentators who were covering this race (can’t remember who, but at least one was an ex-runner himself) said that in his opinion, Perdita Felicien went out too fast, and too hard and arrived at the first hurdle out of step as a consequence.

I noticed this too. And couldn’t believe it. It simply looked like she and her pal were out of the running and she was taking joy in the failing of Heymans.

If she has an other explanation, I’d like to hear it, but I don’t think I’d believe it.

Anyway: I do like seeing the agony of defeat. Not like I’m taking joy in “you think you’re so great, you failure”.

But, I enjoy it in the same way you enjoy a tragedy. You get to experience honest, raw emotion, and I would never fast forward over it.

Do I think the camera an should have followed her like he did? I don’t know. Athletes have chosen a profession that relies on viewership for their salaries. THey’ve chosen to exhibit their skills on the world stage. If they want a camera their to soak up their glory when they win, then the price they pay is having a camera there to soak up their disappointment when they lose.

I’m sure there are a lot of people out there who would have traded places with Heymans even if it meant having their grief shown to the world.

Probably because they point their toes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently a re-run in track events is EXTREMELY rare. Collisions between runners don’t normally call for one.

Ed