Need help with foster kitten...

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that. I hope they are able to find something ELSE that they can treat. Healing thoughts and prayers to poor Whiskers (and to you and your family, who I can imagine will be heartbroken if things don’t go well)

Has he had any recent vaccinations? We fostered a litter of 4 a few years ago & one was about half the size of her siblings. For some reason, when she got vaccinated, her appetite vanished. We had some scares, but she did end up a healthy adult. Good luck to Whiskers!

Oh, no, I am so sad to hear that. Maybe the doc will help.

Did you try the KMR with a syringe or a bottle? Good luck, little kitty. Kittens are so fragile.

StG

Yeah he was vaccinated last weekend but I don’t think that’s what it is. He’s now showing absolutely no interest in food and just sits on the couch for hours…only getting up to drink and use the litterbox. As for the KMR, I did try it in a bottle first but no interest at all. I’m fairly certain it’s the end of the line for the little guy tomorrow :frowning:

:frowning: So sorry to hear that. I’m glad you could give him a good, safe home and love and cuddles while he was with you. I’ll hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

:frowning: C’mon Whiskas, you can do it little dude.

I’m so sorry. Hopefully it’s something you can treat. But we lost an entire litter of foster kittens to some respiratory bug the weekend of my son’s bar mitzvah. It was awful, watching them go one by one. We fostered a lot of kitten successfully, but that was just horrible.

Hey, AngelSoft, any news? Have you been yet?

Hey everyone, sorry to delay. I’m on the west coast so it’s still the morning more or less. I took him in today…and he’d eaten quite a bit last night which I thought was promising. But when the vet looked at him, she didn’t feel that he was going to get any better. He’d lost 3 ounces in a week since they last saw him, his fur was dull and he wasn’t grooming himself. She made a good point that we shouldn’t have to be working this hard to get a kitten to eat. Given everything that’s happened, and how he looked, she decided that it would be best to let him go. Rather than letting him waste away slowly. And with FIP being a real concern, it wouldn’t be a pleasant time at all for him.

So…he was put down. It was really hard for me but I stayed with him and held him till it was done. I know it’s for the best and that we did the best we can but it still hurts. My daughter’s taking it ok…as well as she could be. I think we’re gonna take a break from fostering for a bit.

Thank you everyone for the advice and support, I really appreciate it. I’m sorry this didn’t have a happier ending :frowning:

Thank you for the update. {{{hugs}}}

:frowning:

I didn’t want to post earlier. We lost Creamsicle on June 21st. She became lethargic and stopped eating and drinking. Her blood tests showed acute kidney failure. After trying to bring her back, it was obvious she would not recover and we had her put down. :frowning:

Though I didn’t post to this thread earlier, I was pulling for the kitten.

So sorry, AngelSoft. Thank you for trying and making him feel loved and cared for in his last days.

I’m so sorry. He was such a beautiful kitten and you did everything you could for him-even loving & holding him until the end. :frowning:

I’m so sorry. It’s so hard to lose a creature you are attached to.

Poor kitteh, and so hard to try everything but not prevail. I’m so sorry. :frowning:

Sad:(

I’m so sorry to read this. You did all that you could to give him a fighting chance.

Sigh. Be well AngelSoft and kidlet. You did all that you could, and teh Kitty Goddesses are smiling upon you both for doing the humane thing.