needed: songs used by the U.S gov't for psychological torture

Hate to say it, but DOKAKA could have easily fit the bill…

Why you little…now I’m inspired to make a similar mix-tape, myself!! :wink:

It would have been funnier if the Army had gotten the songs from Napster in the first place… (P.S. Lars is a whiny bitch, isn’t he?)

Didn’t anyone read that article i Newsweek that said they were using Metallica and the theme from Barney ( the purple dinosaur) to break down Iraqi interogees…
They alluded to the fact that people unaccustomed to heavy metal break down very quickly, and that the Barney theme makes people crazy the world over

I heard that as well.

If you want a torturous song to inflict on someone try a dozens-of-decibels-strong version of that unbelievably embellished guitar-string distortion of “The Star Spangled Banner” that takes five times as long as the normal percussion waltz-style. Not that I don’t like it-I love it! But an enemy from whom we’d need information or compliance of some kind would cooperate in a second after hearing this over and over in a sound proof cell for several three hour periods.

If I really hated a neighbour I’d play KLF’s “What Time Is Love?” at ear-splitting volume through the wall - pure “audio-PMS”. :smiley:

Julie

How about “Hit me baby, one more time”?

Christina Aguilera’s Beutiful, or any recent No Doubt Songs, or just stick a boom box set to any pop/Top 40 station in there for a couple of hours and let the DJ’s pick out the songs for them, since that seem to be what they do all day anyways.

At a flea market a couple years ago where we were set up as vendors, the guy across from us selling Peruvian imports had a set of CDs of pan flute music. One was of cover tunes, including That One. It was worse than the original. They also featured some Michael Bolton. Over and over. My heart very nearly did not go on.

HennaDancer