Netflix: Movies in my queue no longer offered

greencine.com had a 1933 *Cavalcade * available yesterday for rent, perhaps for sale.

There’s an Oscar winning movie that was “lost” within 10 years of its 1928 release. Less than 5 minutes of footage is known to exist of a film called “The Way Of All Flesh”, one of the movies deleted from my list (in the unlikely event that it ever becomes available). Most of the movies on my “deleted” list were in my “Saved” queue for as long as I’ve been on Netflix. Interestingly, this included a few that had previous had a streaming option; that’s gone too.

Weird, Calvalcade is available on blu ray. The blu ray set includes a DVD copy, but there is no stand alone DVD copy.

Cavalcade also deserves the award for “Most misspellings in this thread” :slight_smile:

There is a Looking For Mr. Goodbar DVD selling on Ebay right now. No bids.

IIRC I had 3 movies. Not sure how to bring it up again. The Escapist was also one of them (the 2008 film not 2004 or 1983). Also Crispin Glover’s What Is It? for the lulz.

Lighten up, no need to call the Calvary!

I lost these:

Convention
The Century of the Self
To Want to Fly
Americana
Cat Ladies

I hope this isn’t going to be a trend. I like some pretty obscure things.

I got a little annoyed, but then realized that telling us they didn’t plan to have it is better than the old Unknown wait time trick. Although I have gotten a few of those, including the first disc to a TV series where they apparently had the later discs in abundance(?) I do wish they moved them to a third list that they’ll never send just so that we can remember to stop looking for it.

Space Battleship Yamato: Resurrection has been removed :frowning:

I love those movies

I saw Almanya at Filmfest DC 2012. Put it on my Netflix list right afterwards - but recently it vanished. I guess the owner has decided to never make it available on US DVD., :frowning:

Polanski’s* Death and the Maiden *has been pulled from Netflix but is available from Amazon and Greencine.

You do know Netflix is also adding some new titles?

Here is one discussion: The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in January.

I think I have seen five more.