New airline restrictions, oy.

Why not just ban all Muslims ?

As the parent of small children, all I can do is to laugh in horror as I consider the prospect of driving 3,000 miles across the country rather than face the nightmarish possibility of trying to keep 3 small children entertained in the final hour of an already-long flight, with no books, toys, or other entertainment to keep them occupied. Yeah, that’s not happening. They rescind the rule or we’re driving to Seattle next time, and that’s a promise.

Don’t forget the lack of inspecting mail and air freight, I am quite sure our enemies know about it, but we only react to just the last thing done, so because he did this at the end of the flight that is the only time it would ever be done, yeah, sure. The shoe bomber was not done at the end of the flight, did anyone notice that?

Another point is that these security restrictions are, unashamedly, reactionary not precautionary. :rolleyes:

Becuase asshole, religion doesn’t come tattooed on one’s forehead. The last moron to try this type of action was of Jamaican origin and had the legal name of Richard Reid. It’s trivially easy to get around (just ‘convert’ some sad fucker with the right name (or legally change one’s name…), would pointlessly discriminate against the vast hundreds of millions of peaceful Muslims, like say this fucker’s own Dad who went to the Americans to denounce his own son for fuck’s sake.

Jesus you’re stupid.

Exactly. The rational response by the TSA would have been to forbid all passenger movements except an hour after takeoff or an hour before landing.

The rational, hysterical response, that is.

Ok … that was a bit much. Strip search all Muslims? No??

Would you be willing to accept any increased level of security directed at those most likely to be terrorist bombers? Even if it weren’t foolproof?

And who says Muslims are most likely to be terrorist bombers? Just 10 years ago, nobody thought of Muslims as being “terrorists.” You’re buying what the terrormongers sell, What the … !!!

And how pray tell do you determine Muslim.

Note RICHARD REID, Jamaican convert to Islam didn’t get the super secret Muslim tattoo on his fucking forehead, moron.

So you strip search all “perceived Muslims” (including say again, the mate’s Dad who denounced him - well that’s pretty good fucking good will building eh what?), and the guy who’s not the obvious (to some cretin like you) slips through with easy. Worse than stupid, it positively begs to be easily turned.

Faux security theatre for simple knuckledraggers like yourself does fuck all for real security.

Yeah, it’s call intelligence. Security services, and good bloody footwork.

Not pointless time and resource wasting security theatre for knuckledraggers.

Sorry… should have said “more” likely.

Hey wait a minute!!! You didn’t mean 10 years ago did you?

Come on, really? Jihadist Islam has only been known for 10 years now?

SenorBeef, I’m not answering fully because I already got Pitted over that.

That’s all I’m asking for … even if it appears to be a little mean to the millions of good Muslims.

That’s an interesting change. If you mean “more” likely, then presumably you don’t believe Muslims are the most likely to cause trouble of this kind - following that idea, wouldn’t it then be more reasonable to call for the prioritized selection of those other groups you feel are more dangerous for more rigorous security precautions?

Who would Jesus strip search?

Intelligence doesn’t mean, idiot boy, pointless strip searches of Muslims. It means good intelligence work pre problem. Like perhaps having better intel relations and networks, and thus better actionable intel (and more intelligent screening systems, this chappie was denounced by his own fucking father, a major Nigerian figure, not some illiterate schmuck). That is how Europe address terror threats. Worked well.

No, Nava as a non-American is making reference to the non-trivial bombing threats coming from either domestic European terror sources, non-Muslim terror sources (as as the various Christian led Palestinian marxists) and non Middle Easterners, e.g. the Sikh and Tamil terror groups in the Indian subcon. The last two are strongly suspect in bombings that hit flights into Canada and Europe, so not merely of local concern.

Al Qaeda bombing airliners is relatively recent.

Who the fuck knows, people believe what they want about the dead Jewish carpenter anyway.

OK… no strip searching then.

Darn… I was starting to think about joining the TSA so I could do me some strip searchin’!

Just ban all Muslims, huh? Well, that would keep the four thousand US soldiers who are Muslim from being deployed. Same for US government employees who are Muslims, many of whom are actively working to combat terrorism. Plus all of those who “look” Muslim or have “Muslim-sounding” names, like Abizaid or Shakira.

It would put an end to any attempts to convince anyone that the US isn’t a xenophobic world bully, and it would ban Muslim doctors and Fulbright scholars, among others, from coming to work and study in the US and get to know us.

But by all means, what a great suggestion. Not.

The answer is gonna be this: we’ll stop flying. If we need to be somewhere, we’ll start taking longer to get there. We’ll drive, we’ll ride the Big Grey Dog, we’ll take a train…but we won’t take a plane. Pretty soon the airline industry will put a stop to this nonsensical bullshit when their revenues start falling.