New Col. Sanders - KFC Tries Again

Yeah. Based on some biographies I’ve read and seen on TV he could be kind of a prick. I’m thinking he might not be too happy with people impersonating and making fun of him.

Norm MacDonald is a “long” format comedian. He usually doesn’t work well in “short” format. His humor takes several minutes to build in standup and skit forms.

At least as far as the general public goes.

I remember his appearances on Letterman years ago. He would come out and tell killer jokes that I would laugh out loud at. Crickets from the audience. But after a minute they start chuckling, the real laughter, then big stuff at the end.

And this was after he had been on SNL for a while and was a “known” comic.

It got better eventually. E.g., his appearance near the end of Letterman’s run. But still not a style that works well in 30 seconds or less.

As far as playing the Colonel with dignity goes, we can pretty much forget that.

He’s on the satellite radio comedy station now and then. Pretty funny.

I saw him on Who wants to be a Millionaire some years back. He did really well though he walked on the million dollar question (and then it turned out he had known the answer! :eek::smack: ) He should have choked the shit out of Regis!:mad:

I’m surprised they haven’t gone to a creepy CGI Col, like that bizarre CGI Orville Redenbacher that existed in commercials for a short time, but will live on in nightmares for years to come.

There was cutesy cartoon version of the Col. for a while, I’m aware, but I’m talking creepy uncanny valley type shit here. Seems like the sort of thing some marketing douchebag will come up with eventually to justify his/her existence.

You mean like The King?

No, not at all. All hail the King. Nothing uncanny valley about a giant mask, anyway.

Here’s one of the Orville ads. Creepy Orville Redenbacher Commercial - YouTube

I stopped watching SNL twenty years ago, but this would make for a really funny (if maybe too obscure) cold-open season premiere sketch*!* They could keep going successively further back, eventually having Chevy play the Colonel, being that he’s the right age now*!* Course I doubt he’d do it, being that he’s also an asshole.

As far as being disrespectful to Harlan Sanders, I recall reading that he became somewhat bitter towards KFC himself. Right after he sold the franchise to corporate owners they then, almost overnight, turned it into the mega-giant it is today. He was very comfortable, and he was also paid a nice salary to remain their pitchman, but I seem to remember reading that he felt that they had tricked him into believing that the franchise was worth much less than it turned out to be…

ESPECIALLY Victoria Jackson!

All he has to do is work in the words “whore” and “Turd Ferguson” somewhere.

(I don’t know why, but Norm saying “whore” cracks me up every time.)

Now that was creepy. Apparently they were trying to capture some of that “Weekend at Bernie’s” magic.

He also believed they had abandoned his standards of food quality. He was actually sued by a franchise owner for product defamation.

Forget Norm MacDonald. They should’ve gone with Patton Oswalt.

Minor nitpick, but it’s Harland Sanders.

And- *he was absolutely right. *

Heh.