New fracking wells nearby. Are they drinking my milkshake?

GreasyJack. What sort of beer do you drink because I owe you a few.

If (and that’s a big IF) I am reading the map correctly I am smackdab between two boreholes across the street and 6 houses down (1 north and 1 south)

OK SD presuming I have min rights and so close to two boreholes what do I do next?

This is probably contact and attorney time but generally speaking the state of Colorado will not approve a permit to drill unless the leasing is sewn up. My guess is that you got forced pooled and once the well is producing and pays out they will start mailing you a check. Of course there are always leasing errors and you may be caught in one. It’s been a couple of years since I’ve studied it but I believe that assumed drainage radius in the DJ (assuming you live in weld county) is 550’. If you are between two Wells one going north and one going south you could be in a non drained area and they might not need your lease. If that’s the case then again you’re looking at a lawyer and probably a petroleum engineer to argue drainage.

Looks like my property line is about 525’ from the southern bore. I think I’ll email the drilling company and see what is going on.

***My milkshake bring all the girls to the yard my milkshake is better than yours.

Sorry that’s what your topic title reminded me of.

But on a more serious note when you purchase your property you should have a copy of the deed and it should specify the type of tertiary purchase that was made. Whether or not you have mineral or air rights to your property depends on both legal interpretation by the courts and the verbatim written on the deed itself upon transference to you.

So where do you get your drinking water? I’d be concerned if you have well water (even from a municipal system) and fracking ends up contaminating your water. Your house resale value might drop quite a bit.