NEW Stupid Republican Idea of the Day (Part 1)

You should ask him why he (and his ilk) supported all the other things that went against their religion. Ask him why any of his ilk ever admired Trump.

I never said he did. He wrote a post saying that to others, in attempt to get them to leave Trump. I don’t see how anything in my post could lead you to believe I thought he ever supported Trump. I literally said I was happy he hadn’t.

Please do not make up things I didn’t say in order to attack my family.

He said that even if you admired Trump, worshiping a golden idol is worse than all the shit he pulled, all the COVID dead, all the Holy Scripture he violated.
Don’t wag your finger at me.

Sorry, but AFAICT BigT didn’t say that at all. The whole point of the sinfulness of idolatry, from a Christian perspective and many other religions as well, is that it leads one to glorify the unworthy. Idolatry is how you get a phenomenon like Trump in the first place.

Nowhere do I see any claim, either from BigT or from the reported remarks of his cousin, that it’s fine & dandy to support Trump’s criminality and irresponsibility and malign neglect and all as long as you refrain from literally worshiping him.

What started as (I’m pretty sure) a Bush thing, there are now “Do You Miss Me Now?” bumperstickers with DJT’s face. Sure, there were Obama stickers too, but I like to think those ones had a slightly more legitimate…cachet?

Apparently there’s a new steel version of Trump bobble-head statue in the making that buddy hopes to sell for a million dollars. I’ll put imaginary money in him verrrrrrry quietly offloading it to some demented, wealthy shepherd in Scotland for somehwere around the nieighbourhood of $7,500 to $10,000, about a month after it goes on the market.

The sculptor’s marketing of this, or at least the reports on it, seem to be all over the place:

The CPAQ Trump statue is for sale for $100,000, or at least the sculptor would be willing to accept that offer.

But he wants to sell the stainless-steel original of the fiberglass CPAQ version, which he says cost him $50K to make, for over a million. Or he might donate it to the Trump Presidential Library.

However, you can get a genuine gold-plated replica for $150 million if you want. Maybe a bunch of other copies as well.

Yeah, despite all the hoopla about it from CPAC attendees, I wonder whether the sculptor will ever make back his manufacturing costs on any of this merchandise.

This week in Performative Outrage: potato toys don’t have dicks anymore.

Well, I have a bit of earwax that I sculpted into the shape of Trump’s head, and I’m selling it for a trillion dollars! Now my statue is the most expensive in the world!

Good, at least there’s 15 of them. Definitely can’t have enough. I’m sure there’s countless GOP donors clamouring at the opportunity to sport a nice chrome-plated replica in the sunken foyer, if such things exist, or next to their Orgasmatron or in-home driving range.

During the Bush Jr. years, there were bumper stickers like this with Nixon’s picture.

What is great about that painting is the number of people in it who are now considered part of the swamp.

Brilliant! It would be exactly the right amount of kitsch it would need. I wonder if the people who designed the virtual library could incorporate it.

Geez, that site is the creepy. I always got a bad feeling from Thomas Kinkade, but McNaughton is truly in eye/brain bleach territory.

How can we miss him if he won’t go away?

As stupid Republican ideas go, selection of the singer of the National Anthem at CPAC qualifies.

Best comment seen: “All keys matter”.

I like the comment: Simon Cowell: That’s a no for me.

I laughed (through my tears) at “This is what happens when you defund the arts.”

The comment I saw “those were certainly all notes.”

Can you imagine if you auditioned for this and weren’t selected?

Another comment: “That anthem was so bad, even Colin Kaepernick got off his knee and left.”

She was in the key of eek.

I’m bumping this to share an article from the Atlantic about Kinzinger.

There is one important tidbit about him that I found about halfway through the article. It talks about him being raised as a Independent Fundamentalist Baptist. IFB churches, although technically independent of each other, really aren’t …also they’re cults.

Kinzinger left that church when he was twenty, so I think a lot of his strength comes from him being a cult survivor. It’s also probably why his family is so nasty to him and that letter is a good exhibit as to why cults love Trump.