NEW Stupid Republican Idea of the Day (Part 1)

The Missouri legislature held an invitation-only meeting to discuss Critical Race Theory. Only one black person was invited, and they declined,

A close friend who is a teacher had this to say about that article:

That’s what these loudmouths want.

Gee I wonder why? I can’t understand why they wouldn’t be excited at the prospect of being the designated whipping boy at an entirely one-sided hearing designed to spread lies about their chosen academic discipline.

They remember the days when there were plenty of meetings where only one black man was invited. They weren’t that long ago.

What!? @silenus , how dare you say that I, personally, took part in lynchings! You shouldn’t be allowed to say that!

Why do you people elect such huge fucking morons? Strike that.

Why do you people elect such huge fucking sex offender morons?

As predicted, Pelosi has vetoed Jim Jordan’s appointment to the 1/6 committee.

In response, Kevin McCarthy has pulled all his nominees and declared that he’s going to start his own investigation.

I was listening to the radio in the car, and they had some audio of McCarthy criticizing Pelosi and referring to her as a “lame duck speaker.”

This guy has been in Congress for over a decade and apparently does not know what “lame duck” means, in the political context.

Jesus. This is like the getaway driver for the bank robbers rejecting the police investigation of the robbery, and insisting he’ll do his own investigation thank you very much.

With blackjack. And hookers.

The MqQarthy committee will decide that the insurrection was caused by the FBI and Antifa.

And to do the legwork of the investigation, they’ll subcontract out to Cyber Ninjas.

Can the minority party in the House conduct its own investigation? I can’t find anything ‘official’, but I did find this, which states:

While minority members in the House are specifically accorded some rights, no ranking minority members or individual members can start official committee investigations, hold hearings, issue subpoenas, or attend informal briefings or interviews held prior to the institution of a formal investigation.

Well, they might very well decide it was the FBI and Antifa, if they ever get around to the question of ‘how it started,’ which, personally, I doubt.

First they have to examine the question of the training Nancy Pelosi gave to the Capitol Police, and how awful it was. We must get to the bottom of Pelosi’s training techniques!!!1!!!

After that, it will be crucial to investigate the summer of 2020, in which several black people looted. This is the crux of the entire thing! Or something!!!

If there’s any time left, they could look into other terrible things Nancy Pelosi has done. So it will be quite a while until they get to ‘why did Trump supporters think they were supposed to break into the Capitol, assault law enforcement officers, threaten to hang Mike Pence, smear feces freely about, and keep Congress from doing its Constitutionally-required duty of certifying the vote.’

We must get to the bottom of why Nancy Pelosi didn’t parachute drop ninjas on motorcycles to double monkey punch to death the thing that wasn’t actually happening.

You may just have programmed Fox News prime-time for the next ten weeks.

She inquired, but the Ninjas were otherwise engaged in Arizona.

How many days had Pelosi been Speaker by 1/6? Like four days?

Which to a goldfish or a Trumpist is like four million years.

Unless I’m mistaken, Mrs. Pelosi had been Speaker for 1164 days (since January 3, 2019).