Newest food at your house

Krab tossed with ponzu sauce, mirin, and Hawaiian black salt.

Spice cake made with Garam Masala instead of the usual spices.

Hot dish. Tasteless greasy tuna casserole with smooshed tater tots.
It’s new to me. Og help us all.

I’m going back to good old-fashioned real American comfort food. Tamales, pasties, Lo Mein, Sengali chicken, fish (even Walleye) tacos, an all beef version of Haggis, or even normal, tater-tot-free tuna casserole. Ya know, normal, boring, every day food.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people that they feel the need to fuck up a perfectly acceptable boring tuna casserole?

One of the horrors of my youth was tuna casserole. Mama Plant, G-d rest her soul, lined the casserole dish with potato chips. The oil from the tuna wilted them, even in the oven, into…indescribable…things…that I was forced to consume.
It was very ugly at times.

tdn, is that Alea salt you have - the large orange crystals?

White Zombie hot sauce.

Holy crap this stuff is good. It’s sweet (papaya juice, pineapple juice, banana, white and brown sugar), but it’s also really really hot (red savina peppers). It is AWESOME.

Mundane, but I got Patty Pan squash in my garden this year. I’ve seen them before as a garnish/side dish at restaurants, but, I have no idea how I got them this year. They’re growing in a pot I planted. I planted a variety of squashy-family things this year, but I swear to you I have no Patty Pan seeds, the SO swears she has none, and snuck none in, and my best friend back east who sends me seeds from this and that occasionally also swears there were no such seeds in her gift-box to me last winter.

Anyway, they’re tasty and interesting, as far as squashes go. I’m letting a couple of them fully ripen so I can collect seeds and grow more next year. When they’re young and tender, they make a good gardening snack.

Pattypans.

Don’t squash cross pollinate easily, so that the plants from saved seeds may be gourds?

Oh, yeah. Definitely. But I politely asked the local bees to not cross my squashies. I asked nicely.

We’ll see next year.

Don’t mess with me. You heard about the sudden beehive death? Yeah, that was me.

Morrocan Roast

3-4 lb roast ( I use cheap pork loin, but beef is also acceptable)
I jar picante sauce
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
chili powder

Combine the picante sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar in the bottom of your crockpot. Rub the roast all over with chili powder and place in the crockpot. Cook on low for about 8 hours. Serve with couscous.

I got this recipe from a girl I work with and it is a new favorite at my house.

Peanut Butter Puffins. They have other varieties but these are the ones I like best.

That is disturbing. Potato chips? <shudder>

I do hereby propose a new food rule:

Potato products are forbidden in Tuna Casserole.

Anyone with me on this?