News flash: Ex Machina doesn't care for Christianity

It seems that he now fancies himself to be the “prophet of truth”, even using some of Jesus’ most famous phrases as his own: “those with ears to hear”, and so forth.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=6357918&postcount=24

Frankly, I think he’s one turd shy of a clogged toilet.

Well, I’d say one sign that your religious group is a cult is that they encourage you to cut off all contact with anyone critical of the group, including your own family members. Which Scientology apparently does. (Disclaimer: I’m no expert on Scientology – I’m just basing this on several online sources, such as those linked to in the wikipedia article on Scientology)

I understand what you’re saying, bu I’m not sure I agree with that assessment. He doesn’t seem to be inundated with agreement.

Well, sure, you’re blessed when you are persecuted in His name.

But not for the fact that you’re being persecuted.

For the fact that you are remaining true to Christian principles even though there are negative consequences.
Jesus doesn’t want us to run out and get lynched to PROVE we’re Christian, he wants us to be Christian even in the face of lynching.
So that particular beatitude has no bearing on the Christian Moral Militia.

**Ex Machina’s ** inability to comprehend complex sentence structure is the first impediment to understanding this point; his snobbery regarding religion is the second.

Ya you are right. The choir isn’t exactly following his lead. Kind of pathetic actually, considering that he appears to be an embarrassment for the agnostics/atheists who dominate this board. Take a lesson Ex Machina.

I had Ex machina over at my house once and he was in the toilet for over 15 minutes and I haven’t been able to even go in there since, let alone use the place, and…

Huh? Oh, never mind.

That made me laugh entirely too much.

Apparently our friend was suspended for about two days - presumably because of this.

Now he has been reinstated. What is going on, exactly? I can’t believe the post in my link is going to be overlooked.

:confused:

Regards,
Shodan

That is really not a safe presumption to make. He started off sounding sane, then went to sounding insane, later in the threads he posted in. Presumably, he has emailed mods, and convinced him that he isn’t as crazy as he sounds.

convinced [del]him[/del] them

:smack:

Actually, I simply shut down his posting privileges for 24 hours to prevent him from having such a tremendous melt-down that recovery was impossible. Given that his three offenses were all directed to me, personally, for perceived insults (as opposed to attacking some other poster for no reason), and that two of them occurred in the space of a few minutes, I did not want to jump to any hasty conclusions regarding his value as a poster.
He did not spam the board.
He did not join the board for the purpose of attacking other posters.
He simply lost his cool in a spectacularly ill-considered manner.

He may have stormed off, never to appear again.
If, however, he chooses to return, he is welcome to post as long as he reserves personal insults for the Pit.

Thanks for the response.
You jackbooted thug.

:smiley:

Regards,
Shodan

tomndebb, I think you deserve major kudos for this response. And I wouldn’t have thought you at all out of line for banning Ex Machina permanently, but the fact that you were able to overlook his insulting remarks and make a well reasoned and compassionate decision shows that you are, well, whatever the opposite of a “supercilious, tyrannical, prejudiced fraud on a power trip” is. :smiley: