No bone to pick

That’s not a remotely reasonable interpretation of what I wrote. To be clear, I do not equate the two.

An apple and a orange or both examples of fruit. By saying that, I did not equate an apple with an orange.

So this is a tricky thing about discussing racism in America. If a black dude is talking irrationally about race, the chances that the unreason is a response to white supremacy are pretty freakin’ high. Also, the chances that a white person shouldn’t go trying to diagnose the etiology are also pretty freakin’ high.

But that doesn’t mean that we should let the unreason pass. When someone says something foolish, addressing the foolishness is appropriate, no matter what the reason for it.

Yeah, a paranoid American Black man. I get it, I really do. But that paranoia gets challenged just like any other paranoia.

Your analogy is nothing like what’s being discussed. It’s apples and oranges.

Using that comparison is as American as orange pie.

Does every thread have to be about Trump?

Coming soon to GD: Is Trump a person of color?

Orange is the new Black?

And … scene.

You win the thread! :slight_smile:

I agree it’s unfair to expect Huey to report posts without due compensation. I suspect he sees through your devious wipepo plot; first he clicks a button for free, next thing you know slavery’s back in full force and wipepo are claiming to have invented hip hop.

Even bringing it to this board was a mistake, don’t let The Man tell you what to do!

“Wypipo” is the accepted spelling, I believe.

I think Huey is a disingenuous arguer, and he does his (alleged) cause a disservice, since it prompts responses like yours. You may not be, but it sounds like you are belittling any legitimate concerns about white privilege, either on the board or in real life. And slavery is nothing to joke about.

I thought it was “ytpipo”.

I think we’ve had enough of the ‘wypipo’ nonsense for one lifetime. Give it a rest.

You did equate them, on one property - as things mods can raise that posters can’t - thereby drawing an equivalency between them. Or was your response sentence supposed to be wholly unrelated to the quote it sits under?

But if being “anti-White” isn’t actually a moddable offence, like trolling is, I don’t see why you needed to mention it, anyway. We’ve been told, time and time again, that outright racism of other sorts isn’t in-and-of-itself against the rules, as long as it’s not done via other rule-breaking like insults. So even if you are correct, no rules were broken by that fact.

I mean, you’re not modding posters differently just because they display anti-White bias, are you? I don’t recall any mods specifically calling posters out as “anti-Black” in any of those “Africans are teh dumb!” or “white genocide in SA” threads. So why mention it here? :dubious:

You got the ‘things mods can do that posters can’t’ part right, but the two things being used as an example part wrong - the “them” part in your post. The proximity of of the phrase ‘anti-white’ in the paragraph may cause it to appear as one of the two things, however it is not.
[ul]
[li]One of the things is accusing other posters of trolling. I can do that when moderating, but other posters cannot do that outside the Pit.[/li][li]The other thing is personalizing an argument, essentially attacking the person’s character or insulting them. I can do that when moderating, but other posters cannot do that outside the Pit.[/li][/ul]
To fit this construction, where I did something that other posters cannot, it would have to be something like this:
One of the things is being anti-white. I can be anti-white when moderating, but other posters cannot be anti-white.
That doesn’t make sense. It’s more clear when looking at the commentary in context. Here is what Huey said above:

He was objecting to this comment from me while moderating:

Huey apparently felt slighted/insulted/impugned by my comment. My response was responding to that sentiment, that yes I offered personalized commentary and that may be necessary when moderating. I specifically state that introducing anti-white sentiment can be fine, depending on context. It can also be not fine, depending on context. Given there has been no action taken wrt anti-white sentiment offered thus far, it’s a good indication that nothing has crossed a line.

I question your conclusion that outright racism is not moddable, however given topics dealing with race are both sensitive and complex, context plays a big role. Here you seem to want to re-litigate past history - I decline your invitation.

I see my misunderstanding, you’re correct. Sorry for that.

That’s exactly what mods have said in the past.