No "Rove is a Fuckhead Slime" thread?

Not exactly:

Also, http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/23/AR2005062301727.html

Durbin and Dean aren’t Democrats, John Mace?

Furthermore:

No, what I felt was what John McCain said. “We’re coming for you. May God have mercy on your souls, because we won’t.” I wanted to be the one with the boot to the throat of bin Laden and a smoking pistol in my hand.

What I didn’t want was to go over to Afghanistan and turn into a big pussy, dropping daisy cutters but being timid to send men in to fucking drag his sorry ass out of there. We didn’t do that until enough time had gone by that bin Laden had plenty of time to scoot, and look where we are. We blew the hell out of wedding parties and Canadians and FAILED to get bin Laden. Now we know where he is, but the delicacies of international politics prevent us from getting him, according to Porter Goss.

Is this really what Republicans wanted? I can tell you for damn sure it isn’t what Democrats or liberals wanted.

Rove is a fat little chickenhawk cunt who is simply trying to push the buttons of the dwindling number of Bush locksteppers, trying to short circuit the growing call to pull troops out of Bush’s war and trying to put a stopper in the plummeting support for Bush and his Iraq misadventure.

As I quoted above:

The motivation of liberals is absolutely NOT to get American troops killed. To imply that it is, and for you to act like this is a throwaway line that is no big deal, is complete bullshit.

Why the fucking hell would you assume something rather than posting a link to the object of your ire, and you know, actually making an OP out of it? Lesse, Rove spouted his mouth of Wed., but a google search doesn’t turn up mainstream reports until Thursday night.

-I spent 8pm to approx. 11pm Thurs. watching Alexander.
-From 11pm to 11:30 I put in some time thinking Oliver Stone really is a heavy handed hack.
-From 11:30pm Thurs to 5am Fri. I slept.
-5am to 5:30am I hit snooze.
-5:30am-6:30am – shower, shave, dress, make coffee
-6:30am-7:30am – commute to work while returning messages
-7:30am-10am catch up on email
-10am-noon review proposals
-noon-1pm go to gym, shower, dress
-1pm decide to spend a few minutes on dope…
only to find Stoid assuming I should be all over the big Karl Rove news.

For those looking for a story without having to join anything [rant for another time] look here: http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/06/23/news/briefs.php

I find your ideas intriguing, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter…

KIA for the first four years of the Vietnam War: ~1800
KIA for the first three years of the Iraq War: ~1600

I hope we never hit 58,000 American dead. I hope we’re not that stupid the second time around.

Iraq has far strategic significance than Vietnam did. Keeping Vietnam from going communist was seen as vital for averting losing other countries in Southeast Asia. But the domino theory was wrong. And Vietnam itself wasn’t inherently valuable to the United State. So losing it turned out to not be such a big deal.

Iraq sits on a huge reserve of oil … oil we need to keep the wheels of our economy turning. Iraq is of real strategic value to the United States. And it borders on other countries with huge oil reserves. So a loss there will be much more painful.

SOP from Rove & Co., though it’s disappointing as hell to see it.

Bush’s approval ratings are plummeting like a paralyzed falcon. He’s tried hard to build support for the Iraq war but it hasn’t worked. So…prop up the usual strawmen and set them on fire. Effective public theater; lousy statecraft.

This is really disappointing because it augers poorly–for everyone–for the next few years. Bush/Rove never grew beyond attack politics. What worked so well in campaigning hasn’t translated into effective statecraft. Forget compromise; these arrogant idiots can’t even fake basic respect. They’ve turned the Republican ‘big tent’ into a sour, cynical joke. Anyone who doesn’t march in lock-step with them is 1. dangerously foolish, 2. weak and 3. probably unpatriotic.

Sometimes I wonder whether Bush/Rove genuinely can’t see anything beyond their narrow, rigid, inflammatory rhetoric. Politics has always been a blood sport, but these guys seem hellbent and determined to attack everybody in the Coliseum, including the audience.

There’s a real danger that two more years of this rabid crap will damage responsible conservatives as Bush/Rove become even more defensive. Their sales job isn’t working, and they scorn compromise as weak. Sadly, I don’t expect them to improve, especially since they’re bound to ram their view of the world down the throat as the clock ticks down on their shot at “history will look back…”

I’m trying to decide on titels. It is either going to be Archives of Fat Little Chickenhawk Cunts or The Fat Little Chickenhawk Cunt Chronicle.

But isn’t your post something you’d say to someone who’s crazy? I’m not crazy. Not yet.

Once I’ve figured out the titel, I’ll work on the title.

Two more years of this and the Republicans will be out of power for a generation.

People remembered Herbert Hoover for a LOOOOONG time … .

This whole business of hyperbolic statements followed by outrage and calls for resignation strikes me as pure lunacy. We spend so much time deciding to be “offended” by somebody’s name-calling schoolyard antics that there’s no time left to address the real problems of the day.

Flag burning.

(Throws up hands, wanders off muttering “This society is doomed.”)

Nope. 'Cause if yer crazy, then I’m crazy. And if the Pillsbury Deathboy is sane, I’ll take crazy.

Now you’re just being titelatting!

For the same reason the folks on the right like to rally a call to arms whenever Howard Dean says something slightly more provocative than “What’s for breakfast?” Good for the goose and all that…

actually, I asked where was this thread in the Dick Durbain appologizes thread. I’d have posted one myself, but my thread posting history would have had it on page two w/in minutes.

Surely puppets make demands on their puppeteers all the time, right?

<crickets>

Oh, right.

-Joe, no relation to Jiminy

Those who disagree with Mr. Rove will receive weekend homework.

1. Prove that indictions, therapy and understanding are not sufficient to fight terrorism.

2. Prove that Republicans didn’t start to prepare for war right after 9-11.

Class dismissed.

Why? Nobody has ever suggested that indictions, therapy and understanding are sufficient to fight terrorism. For that matter, nobody ever suggested that indictments were sufficient, either.

Why? Nobody suggested that they did not.

Well, you are stupid enough to be a school teacher. However, even the dumbest school teacher wouldn’t carry Karl Rove’s strawmen in here and mount them up on a couple of stands.

You should really stop mounting strawmen anyway… they chafe the hell out of you.

Hey fuck nugget, did you see the vote for military action in Afghanistan in the Senate? Did you see any Democratic votes against?

Did you see the Democrats rebut Bush’s address to the joint session of Congress Sept. 20, 2001? Because they didn’t.

Maybe you could prove the Democrats didn’t prepare for war right after 9-11. Hell, for extra credit, maybe you could prove that Bush didn’t have a hard on for Iraq right after 9-11.

Sweet Christ, how I hate these people using 9/11 for their political gain. As a New Yorker I find it all especially sick-making. It’s been going on since the attacks, of course, but this week’s been even worse than usual. First a bunch of simpering shitheads in Congress practically claim that the souls of the WTC dead are crying out for an anti-flag burning amendment, and now this.

(BTW, New Iskander left out a rather important part of his little homework assignment: proving that “liberals” advocated therapy for terrorists in the first place. :rolleyes:)

Interesting timing on Rove’s part, huh? Sure does make a nice distraction from the revelations of the Downing Street minutes. So. Fucking. Predictable. Of course he has his accomplices, so I’d like to add a big “fuck you” to the media for blowing this bullshit out of proportion, and for that matter here’s a “get your goddamned priorities straight” to the Democrats who’re allowing this micro-scandal to pull attention away from the real perfidious actions of this administration.

Yeah, I understand their wanting to give the Republicans a bit of their own back, after the Durbin situation, but we don’t have time for this bullshit. There are matters that are infinitely more vital for us to discuss, and giving the media leeway like this only encourages them to take the focus off the real issues.

To sum up: this New York City liberal believes that Rove shove a burning flag up his fat ass. New Iskander can do so as well. Of course, both will have to move their heads aside to make room.

Thanks, that actually makes perfect sense. Hadn’t thought of it that way.