No, you ignoramuses, this *isn't* racist (or, "Here we go again..")

Surely that is a joke of some description - the playing of ethnic music in a soundtrack doesn’t hint at the ethnicity of the group on screen?

Fear Itself, why would KFC use people that are a mixture of different colours, some black and some white, if they want to represent typical West Indian cricket supporters?

I don’t know. Why don’t you ask Freudian Slit?

A cowbell made from an oil drum?

Give up. This is starting to remind me of when I thought I could teach my dog to play chess.

The guy directly behind the cowbell guy is playing a steel drum, he’s standing within a foot of the Aussie.

So the white guy is West Indian too? How can you tell the difference between those who are West Indian supporters and those who are not?

…so instead of showing West Indies supporters celebrating they should have photoshopped some white people in?

You think they should have done this instead?

…have you ever seen a game of cricket?

Have you ever answered a direct question?

Good idea :smack:

Freudian Slit? An answer, if you may?

They probably use their massive brains to work out: guy in traditional Australian sporting colours of uniform canary yellow and green = Australian, guys dancing around playing steel drums, cowbells and dressed in colours typical of West Indies cricket fans = West Indies.

Mentally taxing, but we got there in the end.

Also, there’s two steel drums in the crowd: one made from an oil drum behind the Australian, and another, proper steel drum being played by a West Indian crossing the screen at the start of the advert. Cowbell indeed.

So how about the guy wearing a red shirt, and a green and yellow hat; who is he rooting for? Hmmm?

What?

OK, I’m now going with don’t ask as I don’t think you can be asking these questions seriously. If you are, I really couldn’t be bothered putting in the work and frustration to answer these ridiculous questions.

ETA: “So how about the guy wearing a red shirt, and a green and yellow hat; who is he rooting for? Hmmm?”

The West Indies. If you can’t see that even just using the context of the ad well I don’t see how anyone can help you as your skills in interpreting what you see and hear are lacking in the extreme.

Perhaps the stupidest (and certainly the most embarrassing for a few individuals) thread I’ve ever participated in on the SDMB.

I’m out.

Ahh, yeah. I had actually written out my own long critique of Fear Itself’s comprehension skills, but I now, too, strongly suspect he/she is just trolling. Carry on.

…whenever one has been put to me.

I would put it to you that anyone who has watched cricket and knows the teams involved would be instantly be able to identify what teams were being supported. In fact, a black person wearing Australian colours would be instantly identifiable as an Australian supporter: ditto a white person wearing West Indian colours.

Now considering that the advertisement was made for an Australian audience during the recent West Indies tour of Australia, and considering that cricket is arguably the number one summer sport in Australia, how many of the target audience for the advertisment do you think would be confused as to whom is supporting whom?

So have you seen a game of cricket before?

Ok then, the guy wearing the red jersey and the green and yellow hat; who is he supporting?

…the West Indies.

Have you seen a game of cricket before?