NOBODY threatens to kill my mother and gets away with it!(Part rant, part question)

She has already recieved “courtesy calls” from the cops regarding this matter. Twice. It hasn’t stopped her.
That’s why I am all the more suprised that the cops are dropping the ball on this. The officer told me that when he called her, she told him that WE had been calling HER and threatening HER life, which of course is an out and out lie. The cop even told me HE thought it was a lie. He said that even though it is clear to everyone with a brain what is really going on here, there is nothing he can do for me. I agree with Liberal, I’m going to the Distict Attorney.

Thanks for all the advice. :slight_smile:

Hee Hee …“dumb heff”…Hee Hee…

In addition to the steps already mentioned: talk to your local family court.

It should be a slam dunk for you and your mom to get restraining orders issued for this woman, at which point the cops have to get involved whether they want to or not. I am not suggesting that a restraining order is going to stop anything - I don’t have that much faith in the power of legal paper. But it will give you another stick to use with the DA, local cops, sheriff’s office, and anyone else you can get involved. If nothing else contempt of court time in jail has a way of making a point.

Good luck!

Wow, torie, this chick sounds like a psychotic ho-bag. Good luck with the DA, and let us know what happens!

Also Torie document, document, document. Record the calls if you can, log them in a notebook with date, time, and a transcript of what was said. You and anyone close to you who recieves calls from this chick that are of a stalking nature. I don’t know if you have friends in common or not, so don’t know if she has a legitmate reason to call them.

Write down if she goes to your workplace (if she doesn’t work at the same place you do) write down if she drives by your house, your moms house, and it might be a good idea for your friend to log any passes this chick makes by her house too. (Write down if you see her buzzing the places you go to regularly, health club, bar, etc.) You might have to change your online persona too, and do it in a way that she can’t find the new one. Any place that she knows you go to and have an identity, change your screen name at, so she can’t stalk you that way.

She’s stalking you, going by the places you normally go to, calling people close to you and threatening them. Write this stuff down for the record so you can begin to put an end to this. Read up on the website for advice on ways to deal with this, and an idea of what to expect and how to protect yourself once you get the law involved. Good luck, I’m praying for you.

If you don’t get action from the sheriff or DA, you may want to become annoying. Call the NAACP and tell them your mother is getting racist death threats because she’s dating a black man and let them go ask the police why they’re not doing anything to stop it.

I don’t think I even want to know what you mean. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why, you filthy-minded tool! I was merely referring to a well-known cat stance. :wink: