NOOO!! Help! I need X-Files spoilers!

Would be a neat trick, considering Scully’s eggs were harvested back when she was abducted in season 2.

Of course, I think CC and co just GLOSSED right over that fact. Continuity? What’s that? sighs

Krycek’s my favourite bad guy; however, I still mourn the late Agent Pendrell. I too hope that Krycek gets more time, though, as he’s one character whose background we don’t know nearly enough about.

The fact that they almost always call each other by their surnames makes it even more funny that Krycek called Skinner “Walter” last night…

As for Scully’s pregnancy, I’ve got my own theory, but I really need to go refresh my memory. Darn those four-week hiatuses.Thank god I tape this show…

Assistant Director Skinner. His first name is Walter.

Um…I haven’t been watching this season (that batboy episode was enough for me…) so maybe I missed them giving the above explaination, but Scully didn’t have any ovum. Which makes her pregancy all the more curious. Did I miss a major plot line where she attempts to get preggers?

On a related note, I have a bet going as to whether A.) the bun in the oven is Mulder’s, and B.) whether it was concieved via nookie. If I win, I get a pie. Apple. Mmmm… (I say yes to both.)

Yes, I knew that, I just thought it curious that they always address him by his title rather than just by his last name like everyone else.

I didn’t actually see the episode where they explained the scenario I described in which Scully gets pregnant, I’ve had it described to me and have taken that to be fact about how it happened.

If anyone has a more enlightened explanation, I’d love to see what it is. Something about the scenario doesn’t sit right with me, but it’s all I’ve got to go on right now.

http://www.thexfiles.com/episodes/season8/8x13.html

The link is to the episode titled ‘Per Manum’; it’s the one that goes into Scully’s pregancy.

Thank you AudreyK, I’m terrible with websearches when it comes to things like that.

So they only allude at them sleeping together. Having been given no alternative explanations, it seems the only way, regardless of the fact that we’d been led to believe that A) it wasn’t physically possible and B) it would never happen between them.

She doesn’t have much longer to go in the pregnancy, so I imagine there will be a whole plotline attached to it’s birth and the surrounding events.

Come to think of it, it has already begun with Krycek’s demand that Skinner not let her baby come to term. It can only get more in depth from here.

Thanks to everyone who has posted info on this episode. I missed it. Missed it!

I myself didn’t see any clear allusions to them sleeping together. Sure, he kissed her on the forehead, but it’s still quite a leap to say that led to a night of hot sex.

I don’t think Mulder’s the father of Scully’s baby, and I don’t think they’ve ever had sex. Yes, it’s partially because I don’t want their relationship to take that turn, but also because it doesn’t fit into the mythology of the show. I mean, why introduce and build up all this background of conspiracy and have Scully abducted, rendered barren, and now miraculously pregnant if it wasn’t part of the mythology? What would be the point in having her go through all that only to have her pregnancy be unrelated to it? Why else would Krycek want the baby dead if it wasn’t evidence of something?

Ah, I guess we’ll have to wait and see. If I can survive the last hiatus, I can wait six days for the next show.

soulmurk, AD Skinner is Mulder & Scully & Doggett’s boss, in an organization where rank and hierarchy is important. Of course they don’t just call him “Skinner.” When Captain McKinley was my CO in the Navy, I didn’t call him “McKinley” either. I don’t know why you find it so curious.

Falcon, in the episode that focused on Scully’s pregnancy a few weeks back, they mentioned Scully’s stolen ova, and also showed us a flashback scene where Mulder discovered her ova on file somewhere and stole them back for her. It was these (it was implied) that Scully tried to artificially inseminate herself with (yes, SwimmingRiddles, you must have missed this episode). While Carter et al. have ignored or screwed up continuity in the past, this isn’t more of that.

Question for everybody: several seasons back there was a two-part episode with Mulder and Krycek being held in a Siberian prison. I missed the second part, but my sister swears up and down Krycek got his arm cut off during it.

Is this true, or is my sister crazy (wouldn’t be the first time)? If true, was it ever explained how he got his arm back?

I knew Mulder stole the eggs back. Just hadn’t watched to see how they did explain her being pregnant. Of course, I hate the fact that she’s pregnant to BEGIN WITH!!!

And yep, Fiver, yer sister is right. In “Terma,” Krycek got his arm cut off by some villagers who believed it was the only way to save him from the black oil. He wears a prosthetic arm. (The hand was seen in the ep, I think…)

And now I’m all misty…ah, season 4. The last really GOOD season of the X-Files…

Audrey, Sheila Larkin was credited because they showed her standing next to Scully at the burial. She had no speaking part.

cracking knuckles Step aside, y’all.
Scully & Mulder’s thang had been implied in a few places. In “Millennium”, they share a New Year’s kiss that last just a wee bit long. Their chemistry was closer in Season 7 all around but the clincher was “All Things”, which opens with Scully dressing in the bathroom and leaving a shirtless, sleeping Mulder in bed. swoon In Whats-its-called, last season’s finale where we learn Scully is pregnant and see Mulder abducted: S & M share a moment in the hallway and she tells him she won’t let him go alone. Cut to Mulder in the woods without her, BUT wearing her gold cross necklace.

Regarding how she got pregnant: In “En Ami”, CSM takes Scully on a ride and promises her a cure for “everything”. On the way there, she falls asleep in his car and wakes up to find herself changed into silk pajamas. Philes theorize that is where CSM “gave” her back her fertility since he had the means to do it.

Since Scully didn’t know she was now fertile, at some point, she and Mulder got busy, didn’t use protection and wham! she’s pregnant.

Do you think there really was a “wham?”

Falcon, I yield to your and my sister’s knowledge, but it seems incredible to me that I wouldn’t have noticed a prosthetic before now. How functional is it? Does it “act” much like a biological arm? Which arm is it?

Maybe this is like with Radar on MAS*H or Lindsey on Angel; in both cases I know there’s a “bad” hand there, but rarely notice.

In the grand tradition of TV…it’s a prothestic arm that looks, and works, EXACTLY like a real one!!! :slight_smile:

Sorry, Falchon. :smiley:

As for the pregnancy, for those of you who missed that epsiode, I was left with the impression that they were giving us a possible mechanism for the pregnancy, while leaving it a mystery. Typical.

Thanks, Myron. See, I missed most of the burial scene (fortunately, my VCR didn’t).