Norsemen, aka Darkest Sitcom Ever Filmed

They put in a joke in the last episode of season 3 hinting there would be more seasons.

Speaking of season 3, it had less laughs for me than previous seasons but I did enjoy the backstory on the characters, particularly Liv

I find nothing even remotely funny about the scenarios described herein, but I guess I’d actually have to see the show before rendering a decision on it.

I’m only on season 2, but there was only one real moment I skipped due to us finding uncomfortable. A character was about to be sexually assaulted and it was being fully played for laughs. I squirmed too much and we skipped about 2 minutes or so ahead.

What was the joke?

It is not a spoiler to say that the map to the west is a big plot point for the whole series. In the last episode of Season 3 (0), this exchange happens between Jarl Varg (bald guy) and Olav (Liam Nieson lookalike):

Jarl Varg: There is something in me that says this map will create a lot of trouble for many people for several seasons.
Olav: Seasons?
Jarl Varg: Yes. Winter, spring, summer, fall. Several seasons.

It’s not clear that the line was referring to more than seasons 1 and 2.

It’s not even up to them if they get more seasons or not, I’m sure they’d like to and I hope we get and end to the story. Frankly with so much of the cast dead it probably won’t be the same.

To be fair, everything is played for laughs. Vikings famously pillage, rape and murder and the deadpan, matter-of-fact way in which “norsemen” depicts these is a huge part of the joke.
I mean, people were impaled on spikes for a laugh, squashed with boulders for a laugh, cut in half for a laugh, killed with hammers for a laugh, buried in pits for a laugh etc, etc. You have your own tastes of course but the scene you are referring too (if it is one of the ones I’m thinking of) seems a curious line to draw.

" I’m turning 18 in a few days" …this line from season 3 still makes me laugh

Na, he’s just referring to the existing seasons as far as I can tell. They broke the fourth wall a few times in series 3.

Well I am still holding out hope. And I follow several of the stars on social media, they all act like the show is an ongoing entity.

We all hope for more. Even the dead characters can participate as ghosts, or their own twin brother, or just someone else who looks like a dead guy. If Froya has a twin sister that would be cool, and she doesn’t have to be a shield maiden.

I also learned from social media that the actors who play Arvid and Hildur are married in real life.