NOT a FUNNY Question .... in case Cecil doesn`t answer....[odds of dying from cancer]

Also some cancers of different areas are linked - if you have the right (wrong) gene, then even if your breast cancer is cured, you still have an incredibly high chance of uterine cancer, colon cancer, ovarian cancer, etc etc etc.

For some kinds of cancer. There are “cancer syndromes” where people are born with a genetic defect that predisposes to a suite of difference cancers. I’ve seen some cases where the poor person came down with six different primary cancers at various times before finally dying.

And, of course, don’t overlook the fact that treatments for cancer (radiation, chemotherapy) can cause cancers. Many survivors of childhood cancers end up developing a cancer as adults because of the treatment they went through.

No, from what the doctors told me, I dodged the bullet on that one. Testicular cancer is one of the most curable cancers when caught early, which in my case, it was. From your cite, the odds of getting it are 1:263, but the odds of dying from are 1:5000. As it was nearly 20 years ago, I think I am good. Thanks for your concern though. :slight_smile:

Not from my cite, as I haven’t provided any in this thread. And yeah, testicular cancer is probably the easiest one to knock out completely, if you’re vigilant about it (and willing to pay the price: Some men probably opt against losing a ball, even though they have full redundancy in the other). It’s also a fortunate one in that the treatment consists primarily of surgery, not of radiation or chemo which can potentially cause other cancers. I was just trying to keep the answer general: If you die of one cancer, you can’t get another, and that’s much more likely to happen for many other cancers than testicular.

Sorry it was Colibri. I could have done worse.