"Not even your Eisenhower give you no break"??? - COPS theme song

And here I was, thinking it was a Lord of the Rings reference to when Saruman betrayed the Fellowship. “Not even your Isengard give you no break” (The d is not fully vocalized, as is often the case in sung lyrics.)

Moved to Cafe Society. Please note this this thread was started in 2003.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

You mean “Gee, our old LaSalle ran great?”

Would he also be wearing earrings?

Don’t cry for me, Ike and Tina.

Well, there was that Pvt. Slovik and the Rosenbergs.

After reading the post, and replies to this subject I about busted out laughing so hard, I knew my eyes would water up so bad, I would appear to be crying. I apologize if I sound insensitive.
But I knew I was hearing right when I heard “idren” and was looking it up when this forum popped up. I had to read it several times to believe my eyes.
Anyway, apparently, the word “idren” is of Jamaican vocabulary meaning woman, man, friend/s, family etc. Not to mention, I had my caption on, on my television to make sure I wasn’t mistaken myself. My television showed “idren”, as I was almost positive I had heard. I have NEVER heard Eisenhower referred to in regards to this song until just about 25 minutes ago when I came across this site.
You can search under “ask.com”, there are a number of sites for lyrics, “youtube” music with lyrics included, and more innumerable sites than I could count.
Almost any question you have about almost any things you can imagine can be found online. If you can post, you have the ability to look into things of this nature, for future reference.
I do hope that I have helped you for any future queries in regards to anything in the future. The worst that could happen is that your inquiry is so incredible, you may not find anything regarding the subject.
Good luck, God Bless, and Happy New Year.
Please excuse any mistakes in spelling. Spellchecker can be such a pain in the @$$ sometimes. I am sure most of you are aware of this.

Where is your eisenhower now, moses?

Well, the question was completely answered in 19 minutes. Back in 2003. And that includes a link to Metrolyrics, the same site that comes up as the first lyrics site if you put the question in Ask.com.

And Ask.com also comes up with amirite.com, which includes the Eisenhower interpretation as an example of misunderstood song lyrics. The site gets the correct lyrics wrong, but hey, that’s what you deserve for using Ask.com. That site doesn’t show up in the top 100 in Google.

Don’t even get me started on the Flintstones theme.

“Let’s ride with the family down the street,
Through the mumblemumblemumblemumble

Yeah, I know it’s “Through the courtesy of Fred’s two feet,” but it was unintelligible to me as a kid growing up in the 60s.

Some day, maybe Fred will win the fight
Then that cat will stay out for the night
Bad cops, bad cops,
Bad cops, bad cops.
Springfield cops are on the take,
But what do you expect for the money we make?
Whether in a car or on a horse,
We don’t mind using excessive force!
Bad cops, bad cops,
Bad cops, bad cops.