NotfooledbyW....AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

What hype did I fall for? There you go again… Making stuff up since you got nothing otherwise.

You cited this:

But you must not be able to read it> *“… that gave Bush a blank check to invade Iraq” . * That is dishonest.
How and when and who are you to demonstrate that “any AUMF was wrong”

Are you one of those Bush believers like Ravenman is?

That is why Bush invaded Iraq.

I believe you did understand the political reality in 2002 and 2003.

Fifty Percent for war without UN Sanction… and you think that political will could have been conjured up to deny Bush an AUMF.

Bush would not stop his ignorant irrational self from invading Iraq after Iraq had shown three months of unprecedented cooperation with UN inspectors. He didn’t care about complying with either the AUMF he got and the UN Resolution he got and he said he wanted.

And you with your twenty percent of 9/11 weakened political capital in 2002 think you could have stopped Bush from getting a resolution in October 2002 or the following month when his Party took the Senate and his Party kept the House.
Well over two thirds of the US public in September 2002 thought Iraq had WMD and was a threat. And you didn’t.
So Congress did the best they could when they agreed to the AUMF after whittling away at Bush’s version to get the ties to UN REs Enforcement in there and support for a new Resolution demanding Iraq resume inspections.
The public wanted Iraq’s outlaw status confronted. So the lawmakers got it in writing that Bush could ONLY use force if he was enforcing ALL UNSC Resolutions with regard to Iraq’s disarmament.
You were close to figuring it all out at one time.
But today you ignore that Congress at least tried to force Bush to work only through the UN with an attempt to avert war if Iraq cooperated.

Congress got it in the AUMF, and Bush ignored it.

Yet you hold Congress responsible for Bush’s defiant and irrational actions. That is wrong. That is stupid. That helps Bush…
Did you ever hear the Bushies respond to any criticism of Bush the war decider…

Bbbbbuttttt Bbbbbbuuuutttt t Democrats VOTED FOR WAR.
At least I know we agree that Bush was NOT ‘enforcing all UN Resolutions’ when he acted wholly and defiantly outside the UNSC and UN Res 1441.