Obama calls for independent Palestine, 1967 borders

WTF are you talking about? What post of mine are you responding to?

Once again, what post are you responding to?

I don’t recall saying any of this stuff, perhaps you can remind me.

Once again, wtf are you talking about? It seems like there is a point you want to make but are trying to get me to make it for you.

Shodan **is Israeli?

This accusation of genocide has got to fucking stop. It’s nasty and untrue and I’m wondering where it comes from. Next you are going to tell me that Netanyahu participates in the blood libel of Palestinian children.

In 10 years Hamas may be irrelevant if Palestinians don’t feel as aggrieved as they do today. Have you read recent Hamas positions on the state of Israel? They seem open to the idea.

If you’re so concerned about foreign policy, why not blame the Arab nations for picking on Israel so much? Then you wouldn’t have to worry about Israel’s defense! I mean, you are just concerned about your country’s security, right? :wink:

From post 532:

Open to the idea of temporary statehood and UN status so they can destroy the Jewish state?

Yeah. I’ve heard. :rolleyes: They don’t recognize Israel as a Jewish state. They recognize it a a temporary government that should be eradicated so they can replace it with some perverted version of Islam.

Well, I guess you can say they took it in a war. But I there are some people that think that taking it in a war was stealing.

And WHAT in your opinion would make Israel secure within their borders short of genocide of the Palestinians?

You are using the phrase “granted everything they want” in a very misleading way. I thought you meant granted everything they want as in right of return and East Jerusalem when in fact you are trying to portray the Palestinians as being greedy and unreasonable for refusing to negotiate while settlement activity was going on in Jerusalem. It is entirely reasonable to refuse to negotiate with someone who is building homes on the land you hope to regain during negotiations.

Well, I had mentioned the Buddhists before. But I hear you, its a thorny issue, you have to find someone both sides trust.

Well, I guess Jeruslaem could be a city state like Singapore.

Yes but they don’t get to vote amongst themselves and then act all surprised that their deal is not attractive to the other party.

That’s one opinion. The apartheid comparison has been made by several people including Jimmy Carter and Desmond Tutu, the guys who brokered the first peace in the middle east and the guy who helped bring an end to apartheid, respectively. Of course they were painted as anti-semites but that’s just what happens when you criticize Israel. Heck you’ve tried to imply that I was an anti-semite in this very thread.

Well, fuck them too. I have no great love for Jordan and I hope the Arab Spring brings in a more Democratic government in both places.

What are you talking about? When have I said I can predict your political beliefs based on your Jewishness?

When you say that I only care about the plight of Palestinian when their oppressors are Jewish, the most apparent implication is that you think that anti-semitism is the source of my criticism of Israel. You once claimed to be a critic of israel, but you are not an anti-semetic one I suppose.

Do you know what a ‘nation’ is? :confused: There was no ‘nation’ of Palestine.

I’m not Jewish. Not even by the Nuremberg Racial laws. That said, thanks for confirming how you assume anyone who has a position on Israel you disagree with must be Jewish.

Your comment is completely inarticulate.

Would you mind clarifying.

BTW, earlier you seemed to argue that you felt that Jordan was illegally occupying the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

Please explain why you think they were and give me some links to respectable people who feel Jordan was illegally occupying those areas.

Where did modern Islamic anti-semitism come from? Was it there in 1850? Or did it start after it became apparent that Jews wanted to create a state in Palestine?

Are you seriously saying that this is my argument?

Or they don’t see these facts from the same perspective as you do.

What exactly so we need Israel for? How exactly are they helping us?

Why would anyone give up their government to a foreign one? Seriously? I don’t want to be governed by Buddhists. I rather like being able to vote.

Is this the same place that once outlawed gum-chewing and trial by jury?

You’re under the impression that democracy will lead to liberty. Hamas was democratically elected and they put gay people to death. For fuck’s sake.

WTF are you talking about? I am pointing out that Shodan’s philosophy leaves no room for peace short of killing your enemy.

And when was the last time an arab country invaded Israel? There is currently an offer by every member of the arab league to recognize Israel.

My country’s security is not threatened by any other country arab or otherwise, it is threatened by radicals that have been radicalized in the cauldron of the middle east.

I thought they said they were open to leaving it to referendum.

You do know that you don’t need a preexisting nation to steal one for yourself right?:confused:

Oh good Lord. You really don’t know much about Hamas do you.

I’m actually genuinely embarrassed for you.

I’ve kept waiting for you to reveal who was behind the creation of Hamas and responsible for it’s growth yet you’ve repeatedly failed to do so despite the fact that it would be a much stronger argument then anything you’ve provided so far.

You’ve claimed that you care about this issue and that you’re not just trying to look like you care.

Fair enough, the presumably you’ll know what I’m referring to when I utter a phrase who’s implication that any 12 year old Palestinian would understand.

KING DAVID DOES NOT TAKE ORDERS FROM JEWS!

What am I referring to?

If you know the answer you’ll be able to make a far more damning case that Israel has been guilty of hypocrisy than anything you’ve done so far.

If not, well, you’ll have failed to dispel the notion that you’re a dilettante who only expresses opinions on the conflict because you think it makes you look like you care about the Palestinians or their cause.

Ok, please tell me what was Palestine, what is a Palestinian and when did they come into existence?

It has been in existence since the creation of Islam (see: Qu’ran) though not as widespread.

It’s amazing what media can do! Someone reports that the IAF is aiming at Red Cross ambulances with missiles, and it goes viral!
By the time the story is debunked, no one cares.

I’ve addressed the relationship we have with Israel many times - one that includes technology, medicine, intelligence, defense systems, trade (including weapons//cough//) and support. We wouldn’t be as powerful without Israel. Or potentially could (it’s hard to say what happens if certain people had not been born/given opportunities/had incentives/etc.) but at a much greater cost. Israel is a scientific pillar of the world.

Also…Israel supports American foreign policy. Haven’t you noticed?