Observation : Political Equivocators

<tweeeeeeettttt!!!>

Equivocate

You (the general “you”) keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!

BobLibDem provides the correct term, “false equivalence”, in Post #34. I suppose we could call folks who indulge in drawing false equivalences “equivalencers” but we can’t, with any accuracy, call them “equivocators” unless they’re being deliberately ambiguous in their word usage while they do it.
This has been a public service announcement. Please enjoy the rest of your show.

He was pretending to be a liberal then. He’s pretending to be a conservative now.

Boblibdem got it right:

or is just poorly informed.

the pledge and the way they have carried it out is treason, IMO. at the very least, they hate the President more than they “love” the country.

Fox only pretends to be news.

This is hysterical, considering the post directly before yours:

Yeah, that’s not partisan hackery at all. Democrats don’t fail to recognize their own failings, like support for killing babies. It’s just me “projecting.” :rolleyes:

Which is a good thing because it forced evil Democrats to take cuts to the budget. Without that “hostage” situation, there never would have been cuts. So as you can clearly see, Republicans are the good guys and Democrats aren’t.

Right?

Because when Obama does it, it’s “not authorized,” which is totally cool. When Pubs do it, it’s “Swiftboating,” which isn’t.

What is so fucking hard to understand about “We fucking disagree with you!”? It is not moral to cover basic health care [del]needs[/del] wants for sexually active adults. As I said, the only reason you think this is moral is because it’s your fucking side. If you disagreed with such a proposal, you’d see things my way, now wouldn’t you?

Now how can you miss the fact that you’re simply saying “I’m right because I’m right. We’re not wrong because we’re good and you’re wrong because you’re bad. We’re not equally as bad because we’re good and you’re not.”???

But to be clear, it’s not like I expected anything different. It’s no surprise that Democrats, the Party of Prisoners, the party of theft and murder, can fail to see how evil they really are. It’s just annoying that they fail to realize it.

As targets for skeet shooting, sure. As bait, they have drawbacks. I mean, sometimes its hard to set the hook in a cute little baby. They squirm a lot, for one thing…

Oh, here’s a useful comparison tallying votes by Democrats and Republicans in Congress. Because Republicans patiently remind us to focus on the issues.

I forgot to write in the Nays, though.

Cool story, bro.

Well, that’s reassuring … in a sense. :slight_smile:

And the Obama Administration’s efforts to ease anti-marijuana enforcement, how does that fit with your theory?

There are the select group who do it to alleviate themselves of the responsibility of voting, yes.

Having read the linked dictionary.com entry, I stand by the usage. :slight_smile: It means exactly what I wanted to convey.

Or is selling something. As illustrated by one of our more prolific colleagues in this thread.

I want credit for coining the phrase “party before country Republicans”. I’m sure I came up with it first.

If it does, we’ll know that deep down it really wanted it, the dirty tramp.

Let me express my gratitude for the case examples who have stepped up for demonstration purposes with a generosity of spirit well beyond expectations.

They can pay for their own drinks?

There can be certain advantages to knowing rich people.

While the Republicans were partying at the country club?