"Off Topic" posts

Yes there was.
engineer_comp_geekRobot Mod in Beta Testing

Apr 14

I don’t think the fact that it involves a gun should matter.

There are a lot of things in a house that can kill a child. Leave medicine out (outside of its child-proof container) and a child can die from that. Leave a power saw out and a child can cut themselves severely enough that they could die of blood loss before help arrives. Remove the hand rail from your balcony and the child can fall and die. There are plenty of chemicals, especially cleaners and such, that can cause death.

I don’t know why guns should be singled out. Any weapon, whether it’s a gun or a bow or crossbow, or a sharp sword on display or whatever, it doesn’t matter. It’s something that is dangerous. Guns don’t deserve special treatment one way or the other.

Only an idiot would leave a battery-powered circular saw out where a child could play with it, and similarly only an idiot would leave a gun out where a child could get to it. Same issue, same crime. IANAL, but I believe the term “reckless endangerment” applies. In PA where I live, reckless endangerment is a misdemeanor, with a penalty of up to 2 years in prison and up to a $5,000 fine. If you leave a gun out and no one even gets hurt, you’re still guilty. Just leaving a gun out where someone can get to it is enough to create a potentially deadly situation.

Lets look at that post: There are a lot of things in a house that can kill a child. Leave medicine out (outside of its child-proof container) and a child can die from that. Leave a power saw out and a child can cut themselves severely enough that they could die of blood loss before help arrives. Remove the hand rail from your balcony and the child can fall and die. There are plenty of chemicals, especially cleaners and such, that can cause death. Medicine, power saws, balconies cleaning supplies- All just as “off topic” as pools.

The same standards should be applied to someone leaving a gun out where someone can get to it as leaving out a dangerous power tool or dangerous chemicals, and if someone dies, it should be the same standards if a gun was used or if the child bled to death from a wound caused by a circular saw or was electrocuted by wires that were intentionally left exposed. Which was exactly my point about pools and other hazards.

So tell me, how was “pools” off topic when engineer_comp_geek, who was making the exact same point as I was about other hazards wasnt?

Pure mod bias and the OP being “whiney” (his words).

My posts that were moved? Not a word about pools or other hazards. They were solidly on topic.

Oh, and I will be happy to be wrong but my guess is that the Op reported my posts but not engineer_comp_geek posts.