[QUOTE=CBEscapee]
None at all. In fact once you’re here you may deside to stay.
[/QUOTE]
Well, I’m not ruling it out. Mexico was certainly on the short list of potential places to run away to. ![]()
[QUOTE=CBEscapee]
None at all. In fact once you’re here you may deside to stay.
[/QUOTE]
Well, I’m not ruling it out. Mexico was certainly on the short list of potential places to run away to. ![]()
[QUOTE=NoClueBoy]
Montserrat, West Indies
[/QUOTE]
Um, I’m not sure that in the direct line of flowing lava was exactly what I had in mind…
[QUOTE=alice_in_wonderland]
Um, I’m not sure that in the direct line of flowing lava was exactly what I had in mind…
[/QUOTE]
The pyroclastic flows are lovely this time of year.
Check out Key West.
[QUOTE=alice_in_wonderland]
So here’s a US specific question - how difficult is it for a person in my particular circumstances to get a green card in the US?
[/QUOTE]
Forget the US if having your money go far is of interest. In fact, forget N. America or Europe.
I’d suggest Malaysia, Thailand, or Mauritius. I can’t comment on whether you have enough money to drop out permanently, but your chances are higher in these places than most of those mentioned, including Mexico.
[QUOTE=Waverly]
Forget the US if having your money go far is of interest. In fact, forget N. America or Europe.
[/QUOTE]
Right - but in theory I could work in the US if I could get a visa, no?
I’m wondering how hard it is to get a visa in the US.