OK, I need book suggestions.

Well, looks like I’m too late, but for future reference, I was going to suggest the book I’m reading right now: World War Z, by Max Brooks. It’s an “oral history of the zombie war”. The premise is that a zombie plague swept across much of the planet, and ten years later, the unnamed author is crossing the globe, collecting interviews of personal accounts of the war.

If you can look past the impossibility of animated dead walking around (and if you like Stephen King, I’m guessing you can), the book reads as a very realistic scenario. The interviews (most personal accounts only take up a few pages) cover such subjects as localized panics, public relations blunders, military defeats (weapons designed to kill people don’t work well against an enemy that can only be reliably killed by a head shot), the fall of nations, the rise of new superpowers, individual struggles to escape and survive… anyway, I’m enjoying it.

have you tried carol o’connell? her malory series is marvelous.

also j d robbs is fairly good.

I just finished Messiah it was good, thanks.

I’m now on on my fourth Kathy Reichs. I’ll try some of the others later. I have jury duty next week so I’ll probably have lots of time.

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.