(Old) Writing Letters - A Stationery MMP

Why do guys do this? I mean, I know you are pretty hawt looking, but still…can’t they tell that you are WORKING and have better things to do than listen to some rando sleaze over your eyes.

:frowning:

I only lost about a hundred a month by retiring, but it comes in smaller payments more often and it just seems to be much more than a hundred missing. But like you, it all goes into the bank and we pay our card off monthly so it all works.

I refuse to hem jeans. I wouldn’t do it when I had access to a good sewing machine, I’m certainly not going to do it by hand now. Like hippy, I consider the cost of paying someone else to do it into the cost of the jeans.

I sure get that, like FCM, it’s been hard for us to get used to tapping into money we have been saving all of our lives.

Collapses onto fainting couch, swooning over the idea of all that traffic!

We keep complaining that our small town is getting too big too fast, LOL!

It is fun, but sometimes in a train wreck sort of way. I would be miserable living the sort of life you and BooFae have, soooo many people crowded together so close and so much noise. I kinda squinch while reading because it is so horrible but I just can’t stand to look away.

You would probably be ripping your hair out with boredom in less than a day out here. Unless you were visiting me, I can be pretty entertaining for a while, so it would take a day or so before the ripping hair out started but it would happen I am sure.

Thank you! And Thanks to everyone for the congrats. I’m pretty happy. The cheese I opened yesterday was pretty akin to the mild cheddar you get at the grocery store. Soft texture and fairly bland in taste. A 6 month old cheddar should be harder and sharper with a much better mouth feel. It should take about a year for proper sharp crumbly cheddar, but I won’t be able to wait that long.

Oh and please don’t ask if it is done yet because I am the sort who ruins good cheeses because I have to see what is happening behind the wax. When I was a kid, I’d pull plants up because I wanted to see what the roots were doing. :rofl:

Thanks! I’m REALLY looking forward to playing with spores and molds.

:people_hugging:

Yeah, no top shelf booze on your dime!!!

I’m hoping you had a good visit :slight_smile:

I’ve been thinking about candy bars due to this thread and yes I did love them as a kid, but then I started smoking weed. It would spike my blood sugar and give me the super munchies and all candy was fair game. Then my blood sugar would go the other way and I’d go to sleep which was a total waste of good weed and a Saturday night.

And then sometimes I’d wake up with a sugar hangover which was one of the worse things eveh. It didn’t take many sugar hangovers for the candy aversion to sink in and now I just can’t bring myself to eat a whole candy bar at once.

I am so happy for you. Having a good vet is so important and I hope the shots help.

I know that I see Avon ladies advertise on Nextdoor, so it must still be around. No idea about Mary Kay.

Humpf. Cold smoking cheese is an already well honed skill and Gouda will be one of the first fungus cheese I try.

But thanks for the reminder, I think I’ll cut half of the wheel into wedges and smoke them tomorrow. I can do that while fussing around with the cheese press.

Snert. You are so typical it isn’t funny. People fall in love and talk about what is important in a marriage but nobody ever talks about comfortable temps but that’s something that almost everyone complains about.

Hubs keeps the temp at 76 when I’m home and I live in sweaters, sweats and Uggs. Unless we go out, then I bring a jacket as well because Arizona is home of death by air conditioning.

I love my weighted blanket, but have to add a comforter under the quilt in the winter. We both have our own heaters under our mattresses, he’s never even plugged his heater in and mine gets used as needed.

That sucks. I’m sure you’ve had your thyroid checked, but if not, maybe you should. I can always tell when I need my meds adjusted because my internal thermostat gets flakey.

After yesterday’s cheese excitement, we made plans to go to the good dairy in Prescott for more milk. We figured that as long as we were making the drive, we should go to the craft fair in Prescott Valley and get a late lunch/early Mexican dinner.

This morning, I watched the storms move in and we figured that many of the craft fair vendors would have packed it up but we haven’t seen rain for a while and that would be worth the drive, so we still went.

It was a wonderful rain and it cooled down so much that I put my jacket on at the fair. As usual for craft fairs, it was filled with pretty things that we don’t need, have no use for and no place to store but I still wanted because they were shiny!

We did pretty good, I restrained myself and we got out with a jar of watermelon jam, a jar of salsa and a bar of pig fat soap. We’ve never used pig fat soap before, so that’s a new thing.

After lunch we went to the dairy and bought five gallons of pasteurized milk. (that was the mistake I’d been making all those years, four gallons wasn’t enough volume but I didn’t want to start using more because that would mean using two burners and a super big vat and standing on a step stool to stir.) Hard lesson learned!

The milk has been gently heated and is ripening now. I’m hoping to get it in the press by 10 and I’ll know how I did tomorrow when I open the press tomorrow. I’ll either despair and rend my clothing or take pics and brag but it will get waxed and put in the cave for 6 months.