Omega Molecule

Seriously, Which one was “Threshold?” I don’t pay attention to episode names, so I don’t know whether I’ve seen it or not.

Mr. Borgia,

Threshold is the episode in which Paris goes past warp 10, turns into a lizard, is followed by janeway, who also turns into a lizard and they mate and have little lizard babies before they are rescued by voyager.

This synopsis is extremely brief I know, but I can’t stand to think of any voyager episode for more than sixty seconds. Much less threshold. Please don’t ask me to elaborate. The above synopsis is just to remind and hopefully jog your memory. Please note that I have left out the most painful moments of the episode.

Heck, can anyone name any episode from any of the series where any character mentions the Prime Directive without violating it? The whole “unbreakable rule gets broken” thing makes for a good plot device… the first and maybe the second time it’s used.
The original series was the best, if only because they at least made an attempt at keeping the “science” plausible. NextGen and DS9 at least had interesting (if recycled) plots, and half-decent acting. Voyager, however, has no redeeming qualities whatsoever (except maybe Seven of Nine in a jumpsuit, but that’s irrelevant).

The Doctor is also usually pretty cool.

Warning: I’m not enough of a trek geek to be qualified to answer, but I do enjoy voyager, and saw the episode in question, so please bear with me :slight_smile:

I got the impression that the omega directive (destroy the omega molecule because it destroys subspace and inhibits warp travel) supercedes the prime directive. Hell, everyone in starfleet knows what the prime directive is, but they only let starfleet captains in on the omega directive.

The omega directive makes sense, prime directive be damned.

seven of nine claimed that the borg had contained it for one billionth of a second, or something. and that 600,000 drones had died when it ultimately exploded. Janeway was unwilling to muck around when the stakes were so high, and told her there would be no containment experimentation. And in the end, when the omega molecule became stable for a few seconds, it was, apparently, just a chance occurrance. 7 did nothing to make it stable. Janeway wisely jettisoned the whole mess into space and blew it up.

Yeah, I have to admit that Voyager is probably the worst series of the ST line. I wonder why they had to do a mock-up of friggin Lost in Space? I’d like to see how a future ST series will deal with traveling into the Delta quadrant only to run into the Borg Collective and Kazon (sp?) and all the other races that the Voyager crew pissed off during their journey home.

Well, consdiering that the next series is again being written by the truly inept Brannon Braga, I think we can safely assume that there will be absolutely no consequences whatsoever of Voyagers actions in the Delta Quadrant.

The whole thing will just dissappear like the Borg Baby they brought onboard.

I don’t understand why bad science makes Voyager a bad show. I actually enjoy watching the show because of the chance to pick it apart for all its faults. That entertains me. Plus, I’ll trade a little suspension of disbelief for the chance to watch Jeri Ryan posing in spandex for an hour.