OMG, Underworld is a good movie!

My friend tends to like very different movies from me. He is ahhh easy to please when it comes to movies (He liked BarbWire for instance) so when we both hate a movie it’s truly and totally terrible.

We both hated Underworld. I hated it alot more then he did but it was so mired in problems I can’t even list them all. My fave has to be whenever the werewolves were changing the vampires would just sit there looking at them until they finished. Some kind Rules of Engagement? You can’t attack until they are ready to fight back?

The CGI werewolves? Oh MY GOD! Some of the WORST CGI I’ve ever seen. I normally hate CGI b/c it’s over used and looks fake to me BUT you’d think when they were getting this someone would say “Hey since this looks so fake and roll on the floor stupid let’s cut all these shots of werewolves crawling on the wall like an Aliens rip off out b/c it’s what you don’t see that’s scary…”

The love story was funny. Actually 99% of action films mess up the love story (I’ve known you for two days most of which we were dodging bullets but I love you with all my heart and soul) but this movie took the cake. “I love you b/c you’re the only non-vamp non-werewolf male in this movie”

Heck I had more fun making fun of all the repressed homosexual tension in Jeepers Creepers 2 then watching this movie.

I liked it. The fight at the end was very good and there were some good points. It wasn’t amazing, but it was a good pointless actioner.

Elvis, the werewolf with the “fakey voice”? His voice is really like that. I’d hate to see you condemn the movie about something like that’s is all.

I saw it on Thursday and liked it well enough. I’m not going to buy it, but I might watch it again if it’s on cable at some point.

My biggest complaint about the movie was that the vampires and werewolves that were wandering around, sans one of the recognizable characters, weren’t easy to tell apart. I still have no idea who got blown up with the hand granade. Was that vamps or werewolves? because they were people-looking in that scene.

And of course, the whole neo-gothic atmosphere. Not that I mind that kind of thing, but even from the trailer I could see it was going to be a matrix “homage”.

Oh, and I was very disappointed by the werewolf-vampire hybrid micheal became. Reminded me of Blade, where the “Uber bad guy” form was not at all impressive.

Another thing that bugged me. Okay, if being bitten by a wolf while having that special condition(I forger the story with the three sons and exactly why it works) makes you a werewolf, then why doesn’t being bitten by a bat make you a werebat?

the story (for what it’s worth) Daddy adapted to a plague and somehow became uber. His two sons had the same genes. One was bitten by a bat and the mutation made him a vampire. The other was bitten by a wolf and was made into a wolf. However the mutations are exclusive in anyone the sons infected so if you’re a vamp and get bitten by a wolf you die.

However if you found someone that was decended from the orginal daddy/sons and mixed their genes just right it would act as soap acts with oil and water and turn them into a wolf/bat.

what made me chuckle is that only very old werewolves can transform without the moon right? But they were used as daytime guardians for the vamps? If they needed the moon to transform how did that work exactly? I suppose they would be a more of a pain to kill then a normal human but it seems like if the person gaurding you can kill you with a bite it would be better just to rely on ordinary humans.

And what was up with that pregnancy? Would his baby been a wolf/bat? If so why the elborate getting the Elder blood and a decendent of the daddy/sons? You could just grab a female or male vampire and mate them with your group. Alot easier I think.

I’ve wondered that as well, and I haven’t even seen the movie. In fact, that’s a major reason why I haven’t seen the movie. As soon as I heard what the idiotic explanation of the origin of vampires and werewolves was, I realized this was one movie I was going to have to miss. Well, maybe not “as soon as”. I mean, I had to stop laughing first. But right after that.