Omnibus Stupid MFers in the news thread (Part 1)

Holy Shit.

“Of course, I would never lie,” she writes. “How do you get through Oxford, Harvard, and Georgetown without sourcing? Without truthful, well-sourced, well-researched information? More importantly, as a woman of faith, a Christian, and a new mother, telling the truth was in my nature and central to my family life and faith walk.”

She is lying about lying.

Being educated at respected places of higher learning just means she is trained in how to find and use reliable sources for her claims. It’s no guarantee she will use them.

Being a Christian just means that when she lies, she is not only a reprehensible human being but she is also violating one of the core tenets of her faith. Being a mother means that when lying she is a terrible role model for her offspring.

All that her testimony is doing is demonstrating why she has no excuses. None of that is in any way a credible defense.

I won’t speculate on who she blew to get through those universities, but since she is blatantly lying about 2 of the last 3, her credibility is lower than that of CFSG.

And that’s low.

I think McAninny defines “truth” as “what I want to be true.” So, she didn’t lie about what we she wanted to be true.

Or maybe this is derper - I give up.
And a little on the slap-wristy side, methinks.

I was shocked by that number.

Technically, no. The thing in exodus 20 says “thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor”. It is not a blanket injunction about spewing bullshit, merely about defamation. Lying and bullshit are fundamental to the stability of our economy. It would collapse if everyone was expected to be decent and honest.

And anyway, Christains have that thing where they can eat a biscuit and drink some grape juice and their bleeding messiah will make them all good to go – and, lather, rinse, repeat.

Crazy People, will y’all please go take a nap or something. I’m just getting plain worn out.

Delta passenger on a flight from Syracuse to Atlanta was ‘breastfeeding her hairless CAT and refused to stop’

• Incident allegedly happened aboard Delta Flight 1360 from Syracuse, New York, to Atlanta
  • Message sent by crew member through Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System claims passenger was breastfeeding her cat

Yeah, that’s another rough headline.

There are times I want to dig deeper to find out whether a story is true or not but this one? Don’t want to know.

I mean, it’s entirely in character for the Mail to make up a story like this, but on the other hand there are a disturbing number of seriously weird people out there.

Has anyone seen video of the woman breastfeeding her cat? I know if I’d been on that flight I’d have gotten video.

My bold - typo or slur? I like it as a slur for non-Christ-like Christians (the majority, it often appears (at least the right-wing ones)).

She had to have given birth to a child to be lactating. It sounds made up,-why the note that it was hairless?

Really? Is this needed? And yes, I know it’s the Pit.

The article has an image of the message. It seems more likely that there was a real message sent from a plane, but it was…a joke?..an error?..a typo?

It describes the Shroud of Turin.

My Mother-in-law is getting knee replacement today. Last night, she took a sharpie, and wrote “This knee” on one knee and “NO!” on the other.

What do you call the person who graduates medical school with the lowest GPA? Doctor.

She’s a big girl. The random excrement that spews from her mouth proves she has only a passing acquaintance with the truth. She puts herself in the public lights; she can expect this kind of response.

Well, it has to be hairless, otherwise there’s no way anyone would believe it’s actually a baby.

“Ma’am, your “baby” looks like a hairless cat.”

“How DARE you! All babies are beautiful, you brute!”

I wanted to write “this uterus -->” on a friend, but she wouldn’t let me.