One less deer in Saskatchewan last night

All I’m thinking is how un-sportsmanlike it is. Learn to shoot and bag it the old fashioned way.

When we had to euthanize my dog, I sat on the floor & held her on my lap. Normally, she would never do this, but she was in bad shape. After she passed, the bladder muscles relaxed. Yup, she had the last word; my dead dog peed on me!

And in ways that you could never have predicted!

I’m glad the deer’s parents haven’t come for you and Mrs. Piper. At least, not yet.

I almost ran down a bear on Old Barrie Road, just north of Barrie, Ontario. The big bastard ambled onto the road right in front of my car, did a double-take, and hightailed it back the way he came at a very impressive top speed - that was one scared-looking bear. :wink: I was equally scared, I swerved a bit, and between me swerving and the bear’s panicked volte-face, I managed to just miss him by inches.

The funny part was that I was driving with my kid (aged 8) and his little cousin (aged 9), who got a very close first-hand look as the bear. The cousin’s mother is an immigrant from Ukraine, where I assume bears are rather less common. When he was delivered back home, he was all excited to describe to mom his close encounter or the ursine kind, but she thought he was fibbing - she simply refused to believe that bears existed so close to cities. Apparently, the issue got pretty heated, until the next day, when I confirmed that, yes indeed, we nearly ran down a bear.

I guess bear watching at the dump is not a family activity in the Ukraine the way it is in Canada.

I smell Hollywood blockbuster!

I’ve been looking over my shoulder a lot on those cold dark nights when I’m taking out the garbage.

As far as I know, the only Bears they watch are those across the border. :wink: